Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some legal advice
Anonymous Wrote:I was visiting a nude beach last year in Jew Jersey and I met a guy while walking alone. We talked and went for a walk and got carried away and made a dumb decision. We went behind a sand dune in an isolated stretch of beach and engaged in a little sexual activity. The rangers then came out.

The whole ordeal was very ugly. The arresting officer lied to us and told us he wouldn't arrest us if we could show an ID. We did show IDs and he arrested us anyway: booked, fingerprinted, mugshot, everything.

I had to go to a US District Court. The public lewdness charge was downgraded to Disorderly Persons. The assistant Prosecutor said that it was just a violation, but the Public Defender's office said that it was a Petty Misdemeanor.

I saw a copy of the police report. The officer who did the police report entered the wrong social security number. So, since the wrong social security number was entered, does that mean that this incident wouldn't show up in a record search? Can Federal records be searched? If I were fingerprinted for a job, would the fingerprints show up in a database?

Any advice, please help.

I wouldn't worry about it... the wrong ssn # is an interesting twist, but a petty misdemeanor is something nearly everyone gets on their record at one time or another (though probably not by having sex on the beach Wink) anyhow, it's no different than a low-grade traffic violation, e.g. running a stop sign... and from my experience, it'll only show up as a petty misdemeanor (no details on type of infraction) during a background check. So rest easy Xyxthumbs