Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engagement Ring(s)?
Hi  1syellow1

Y'know, sometimes I think us LGBT Plusers should keep specific rings on designated fingers—be it hands or toes—to tell our genders, identities, orientations, etc. etc. marital status apart. I think it'd great! What do you all think?

Congratulations btw!

Barbecue-flip
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22

Balance between chaos and order...tradition...rebellion, fun within or lack of rules and conventions, nothing is ever truly static.

I like that the tradition of left hand ring finger is just as much mine as a gay man as any hetero. The fact that I dare wear other rings on other appendages can certainly be a fun or daring statement or signal.

In the end, regardless of what I wear or where (I'm thinking naked as a jaybird), "if you want to know, just ask" is the way I'd deal with it. And, "otherwise, mind yo business." Cool
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • JDD22

(10-04-2022, 08:57 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: So, can y'all fill me in on this whole matter of engagement rings? I honestly don't know much beyond that usually one proposes to the other....and then there is a wedding band? I feel like it is probably simpler than I am making it out to be. I guess the problem is that I am not sure I fully understand the tradition as it applies to hetero couples and then being in a gay relationship there is the question of who wears the ring or do both wear rings?

Here's what I can say, I would be the one proposing most likely and would probably be a surprise. Just looking for general advice.

May I ask a suggestion of you?

A ring to your partner in pink, gold, & black would be gorgeous!
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22

Go with a 4mm, that’s my best suggestion! I had an 8mm and it was way too thick especially when cleaning countertops, would cling on everything! I recommend gold or black with gold Smile