Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to lose weight, but I'm close to give up
Boaxy Wrote:Judging by your avatar, you actually need to put on a few pounds. No tea no shade.

Can you judge from my avatar that I need to lose weight? This is the Internet buddy, people can put whatever pictures they want online and it could be a picture from them before they were fat, alcoholic, drug addict etc, The picture doesn't reveal anything ... I have seen fat guys with a face that on a picture it would never reveal that down below they need liposuction.

[MENTION=23142]Aquarius[/MENTION],,, I love you just the way you are!!!!

I may not know what you look like,,, but from reading your posts,, I think your a wonderful guy.

Hugs & kisses,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:[MENTION=23142]Aquarius[/MENTION],,, I love you just the way you are!!!!

I may not know what you look like,,, but from reading your posts,, I think your a wonderful guy.

Hugs & kisses,
Jimeroooo

Oh Jesus Jimmy do you realise how unhonest it is to say such thing? You don't love him, you don't know him. In fact if he was to die tomorrow you'd be the last one to know... give him some real advice not some fake Internet love.

I can definitely understand how it feels to have your body change and not being happy with those changes. Although I can't relate to the weight loss issue, I do have issues with putting weight on and after rounds of chemo, surgeries, etc... I get it. I definitely get the self-image issue and how it can screw with you feeling your best, no matter how socially acceptable everone else may think you look, yeah?

I don't have any advice except to keep pushing, yeah? One day at a time. I'm rooting for you.

Jake Wrote:Oh Jesus Jimmy do you realise how unhonest it is to say such thing? You don't love him, you don't know him. In fact if he was to die tomorrow you'd be the last one to know... give him some real advice not some fake Internet love.

Nice to see you back on gayspeak Jake.

So,,, I assume from your recent post,,, you have taken it upon yourself to be the hallway monitor for anyone who doesn't speak YOUR truth (big grin)...

What happened, someone take a dump in your Corn Flakes and it's triggered some latent passive aggressive behavior????

Chilling under a tree,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

another quick tip for helping weight loss - avoid the supermarket offers on buy one get one free style of offers - they are encouraging to buy things in amounts you do not need , plus they always seem to be on items that are bad for you...etc biscuits or pizza - and I guarantee that if you have extra biscuits in the house you will eat them whether your hungry or not - Try to buy only what you need, not what your encouraged to buy

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Nice to see you back on gayspeak Jake.

So,,, I assume from your recent post,,, you have taken it upon yourself to be the hallway monitor for anyone who doesn't speak YOUR truth (big grin)...

What happened, someone take a dump in your Corn Flakes and it's triggered some latent passive aggressive behavior????

Chilling under a tree,
Jimerooo

Hey Jimmy, how are you? Well to answer your question I have been around and no, nobody did shit on my corn flakes because I don't eat corn flakes lol..

My truth? Hmmm my truth will never meet your truth or anyone else because it is my truth -per example: do you believe GOD? I do not so my truth will seriously differ from yours. But with all due respect Jimmy do you truly believe that telling I trust you, I love you to a pure stranger that it will do them any good or that you provided anything useful to them to go on their quest of finding themselves?

I know your intentions are good, but let's be honest for a second, you don't know the person, you have no idea of their personal history, what they say online can be the total opposite of what they truly are and I know you're a very clever and smart individual (evidence speaks for itself in your past posts) but as much as I am for the "good pat on the back" this is totally useless online as it is the most horrible vaudeville theatre on earth, everyone is a character and that includes me, Alex, my daughters, my sons, etc.

I'm not playing the hall monitor - trust me, I will just shit on bullshit and attention seekers who quite often have the answer to their problems but need some sort of attention, people who knows far well that they will never get a proper answer from people online on such trivial subjects such as loosing weight.

Easy replies such as "love yourself" aren't helping, telling a person with suicidal tendencies that life is beautiful isn't doing any good, telling them that you a stranger who will never meets them "I love you stay alive" will not work either. Telling them what they want to hear isn't a good psychological procedures - sometimes you gotta be rough.

And I have not change that from myself, I'm just being a little more upfront to it.

Anyway, Jimmy, my daughter and Alex sent you their greetings - That's true and that's real and I'm conveying back to you Smile

I'll tell you what I told myself, the bad food will be there in a years time.
I went from 22 stone to 16 stone(still working on it), and it was worth it, I cut out all the bad food (my diet was the worst) and started walking and running.

And even now, I'll have fast food maybe once a week and I don't feel guilty, before I would feel guilty and just keep eating it.

Good luck.

So I've made walking (at least around the block) a daily routine and will build on that throughout the next weeks and months.
I know the hardest step is always the first one, and I think I have made that.

One more thing: Me being the original poster, it is only me to give my verdict on which kind of comments are helping me and which ones are not. Smile
Just like it's only my own responsibility to listen to an advise or not listen to it. I'm adult enough for that. Smile

Have you heard the new terminology for us fat guys?
It's now called having a "Dad Bod."

I was tall & skinny till I hit age 38 and found I have a gut. My pectorals are looking like boobs. Here I thought the laundry was shrinking my clothes. Nope - I'm finally gaining weight after all these years.

I do the same - was trying to run walk every night. That didn't last long. Friend of mine joined me, now he's running on his own.

Eventually you just have to accept your body type and either become a gym rat or move on. I still haven't decided yet.