Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I put some of my art online
I decided to have some of my art online for all to see. Check it out HERE and let me know what you think Smile

Voice, unfortunately the quality of the larger pics when you mouse over is fairly poor and it is difficult to see the work as it ought to be seen. Maybe you'd need to go for a bigger format, if the website affords it to you? Other than that, maybe a title would be good too for each piece of work?

Yeah I was going to do a flash gallery, but decided CSS was more universal. When you say poor do you mean as far as size is concerned? When I look at it on my Mac and on my partner's windows pc the artwork looks fine other than the size. I purposely kept it to that size.

I agree with Prince. The drawings look great but the photo type pieces look blurry or out of focus. That may be the point of the piece but because of the small sizes it is rather hard to tell what is going on.

Remember that these pieces are known to you and your eyes. Probably embedded into your brain but we are seeing them for the first time. So though it is really nice to see them on one page and can be made a little larger there should be a click on so it will go to a page where they are full size.

The pieces look great but I want to see them in a better presentation.

good luck,
frank

How come only us middle-aged folk have commented on size and clarity so far? :biggrin: Yes I too would like to be able to see more ... Maybe that's why I only seem to go to galleries with huge pictures in them these days Wink

I have a very poor visual memory and I can't draw and am constantly in awe of anyone who can. I find the landscapes particularly amazing.

Thanks for sharing

I'll work on a method to make them larger Smile

marshlander Wrote:How come only us middle-aged folk have commented on size and clarity so far? :biggrin: Yes I too would like to be able to see more ... Maybe that's why I only seem to go to galleries with huge pictures in them these days Wink

I have a very poor visual memory and I can't draw and am constantly in awe of anyone who can. I find the landscapes particularly amazing.

Thanks for sharing

OK marshlander, now you have outed me as middle aged. I guess I must admit in now but actually feel ancient right now :eek:

I also agree about not being able to draw and amazed how easy some are at it. My bf being a fashion designer just picks up a pensil and notebook and plots out a full season in a couple hours. Amazing! But ask him to print a sentence and he has the worst handwriting ever! Weird.

voice, thanks for the thought of making them larger and let us middle agers know when we can take off the old timers glasses... Scatter

fjp999 Wrote:OK marshlander, now you have outed me as middle aged. I guess I must admit in now but actually feel ancient right now :eek:
I like a man with a sense of humour Wink I only look at what it says in the box on the left of the comment ... Neither of us is obviously afraid of a little auto-outing!

Sorry you're feeling so awful at the moment. I hope the future looks a little brighter.

Quote:I also agree about not being able to draw and amazed how easy some are at it. My bf being a fashion designer just picks up a pensil and notebook and plots out a full season in a couple hours. Amazing! But ask him to print a sentence and he has the worst handwriting ever! Weird.

A poet I admired when I was a teenager told me that truly creative people are too busy creating to write tidily. Made me feel a whole lot better at the time :biggrin:

I think that what some of you are viewing as blurring is actually deliberate ? It strikes me that the edges to the images where they blend with the backdrops upon which they sit has been deliberately blurred so as to create the effect ... unless I'm wrong Voice ?

Some of those look AMAZING by the way ... fair play I'd actually like to see one hanging on my wall at home !! :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

They look amazing! And as shadow says I believe the bluriness you middle ages are seeing is deliberate and used to good effect!

Especially loving the KL Petronas(sp?) Towers having seen them for myself flying into KLIA for a flight transfer.