Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I put some of my art online
shadow Wrote:... It strikes me that the edges to the images where they blend with the backdrops upon which they sit has been deliberately blurred so as to create the effect ...

Oh, doesn't everything always look like that then? Rolleyes

BLESS !!!!!

Bighug

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Originally Posted by fjp999
Quote:OK marshlander, now you have outed me as middle aged. I guess I must admit it now but actually feel ancient right now :eek:

Quote:I like a man with a sense of humour Wink

Who, Me? Cool

Quote:I only look at what it says in the box on the left of the comment

So your eyesight isnt soooooo bad. Didnt think anyone read those little comments on the left :eek:

Quote:... Neither of us is obviously afraid of a little auto-outing!

We do have to take the bull by the horns!

Quote:Sorry you're feeling so awful at the moment. I hope the future looks a little brighter.

Right now I am a little like a lab rat trying to figure out exactly what intensive cytokine arousal did to my system. That is why I prefer my avatar to real life Scatter

Quote:A poet I admired when I was a teenager told me that truly creative people are too busy creating to write tidily. Made me feel a whole lot better at the time :biggrin:

I think of myself as pretty creative and take great pride in my writing and printing (guess it must be that little "truly" part.

I am told that I am pretty good at tarot reading but horrible at memorizing the cards and didnt want to carry around the book. So during my train rides I copied down the cards meanings in a fancy notebook. Someone noticed the printing and asked if it was typed :biggrin:

Back to topic...

I thought they were suppose to be blurry like a water painting and I really like what I could make out. I also like tiny art but I doubt that voice really created one inch by one inch art pieces. If he did then I will take a dozen! Do they come framed?

fjp999 Wrote:Right now I am a little like a lab rat trying to figure out exactly what intensive cytokine arousal did to my system. That is why I prefer my avatar to real life

Is this what seems to be known as a cytokine storm? If so it sounds horrific! Apparently current thinking is that this is what caused many deaths during the 1918 flu pandemic as well as the dreadful responses in the six men who underwent the infamous clinical drugs trials last year.

Quote:I think of myself as pretty creative and take great pride in my writing and printing (guess it must be that little "truly" part.

I've heard there's always an exception that proves each rule Wink

Quote:Back to topic...

I thought they were suppose to be blurry like a water painting and I really like what I could make out. I also like tiny art but I doubt that voice really created one inch by one inch art pieces.

I agree. However, in mitigation (and in addition to the onset of the normal long-sightedness associated with middle age), may I plead keratoconus? It doesn't help! Wink

Okay guys I have improved on the layout of the art gallery. You now have captions, thumbs, a larger hover image and when you click on it an even bigger image.

Let me know what you think please.

Art Page Here

PS thanks for the positive comments about my art, I really love doing it

voice Wrote:Okay guys I have improved on the layout of the art gallery. You now have captions, thumbs, a larger hover image and when you click on it an even bigger image.

I wish I knew how you did that. Do you "paint" using a digital tablet?

Now I can see them better I find the landscapes and buildings slightly unsettling. I'm trying to make my mind up as to whether it's the dreamscape quality of the paintings (a bit like a troublingly half-remembered image), the slightly claustrophobic sense I get from the painting of frames around the subject or the way that details become less distinct away from the centre of the canvas. It's like those dreams where one tries to run towards a point that either keeps receding or where one is fixed to the spot.

Sorry if that gives away more than anyone needs to know about my mental health, or is completely at odds with your intentions. I'm drawn to anything that makes me look twice. Bonzer Confusedmile:

voice Wrote:Okay guys I have improved on the layout of the art gallery. You now have captions, thumbs, a larger hover image and when you click on it an even bigger image.

Art Page Here

PS thanks for the positive comments about my art, I really love doing it

i would suggest you get yourself a deviantart profile. it's really a great online artist community, and i've been on there for more than a year now and it's lovely to get comments on your art! you can even make friends there after a while.

plus, you get to post everything in the best resolution and size possible, it's easy to structure your gallery and you can also add journals, literature, whatever. you can watch your favourite artists to see when they post something new. and if you're lucky you even get a daily deviation, meaning it will be posted on the main page for one day, among others!!! think of the exposure!!! i haven't gotten one yet but there's always hope! :biggrin:

just visit http://www.deviantart.com and sign up, you won't regret it.

take care.

Well I'm not sure if I'm Devianart material just yet, those guys have some incredible stuff.

I do use a Wacom tablet to do my art. I'm self trained.

voice Wrote:Well I'm not sure if I'm Devianart material just yet, those guys have some incredible stuff.

I do use a Wacom tablet to do my art. I'm self trained.

how else will you grow, if not by constructive criticism? i've seen a lot of stuff on that site and you're better than you think.

Pocket_Pilgrim you're unstoppable Big Grin

I'm working on some new stuff so I'll take a look over at Devianart when I finish it. Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated.