Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really like a priest...
I also wish I would have crushed on someone else but I have crushed on him. No, I don't want to be responsible if he lost everything he has now but I would like to just let him know how I feel in the very least.

My very first boyfriend was a Catholic priest and the thing is ...I did not pursue him...he pursued me ...but when he did...I was not aware that he was a priest. Upon discovering this...we did see each other but it was very discreet. In fact, once we were in a committed relationship...everything was discrete when it came to us. I guess when I look back on that relationship...although the sex was hot and off the chain to say the least and he was very handsome, nice body...and he was 17 years older than myself, I tend to believe that I've dealt with a lot within that relationship because I was at a very vulnerable state in my life due to the fact that my family found out that I was gay....and therefore, I was enduring a lot of turmoil. Therefore, when he came into my life..he became not only my partner...but my guardian, my parent, etc. So, in regard to you pursuing him...I'm kind of on the fence with this one because it depends upon the environment/situation that this would take place. The reason I say this because "my priest" had a friend who was also a fellow priest and he rejected a lot of guys who pursued him and prefer to be the pursuant. Many times, he would meet them at cruise points within the city or a motel room and move on to the next whenever he got horny....and that was the extent of it...he was not interested in having a boyfriend due to his popularity within the Catholic diocese. So...Good Luck...I hope it all works out for you if you decide to do so...JS

Anonymous Wrote:but I would like to just let him know how I feel in the very least.

...to what end? The only reason to let him know is to hope that something results from it. If you want to pursue him, pursue him. If not, don't bother with the "confession".

Lex

OP, this is just one of those situations where you should be admitting that it is impossible, but you are not. Continuing to carry this crush is simply not good. Sooner or later, the Catholic church will admit that being a gay priest and sexually active is possible, but it will not be within our lifetime. Give it up. You are doing no one any favors by holding on to this, especially yourself.
I bid NO Trump!

If you care about this guy as a person, please keep in mind that he chose this path willingly, knowing what it involved. He may well be struggling with temptation and trying to be faithful to the vows he took. As unhealthy and, frankly, weird as they seem, if this is important to him and you encourage him to violate it, he may feel regret and resentment towards you. There are a lot of guys out there, why not go for one who is literally and emotionally available? You could be friends with your priest but I would not push for more; it's asking for trouble and not very respectful of his choices.

^^^The one abusive guy I was with...he was in seminary school to become a priest. I met his other buds along the way and they all talked about how much sex they had in the seminary. The joke was...it was easier to get laid than going to the baths....

I have to wonder why so many gay men...out or closeted...are drawn to the priesthood anyway? The whole purity thing...and seeking perfection of the soul..well...it is a nightmare living with someone who espouses perfection...mental abuse and emotional abuse... they all had that quality too as I later found out. It wasn't a random quality....there was a distinct and definite pattern of behavior they all shared

So...unless you want to be told what is wrong with you everyday...I would avoid a priest....or a wanna be priest.....

Maybe they aren't all like that...but if you do go out with the guy....and he starts to pick you apart...get the hell away from him as fast as you can because it gets real ugly....

I remember sitting with a group of his friends from there...many times... and they made a sport out of tearing everyone apart for everything......

I often say I can't stand to hear anyone tearing apart someone else for their looks or clothes or hair...and THIS is why. My parents were like that too...

Anonymous Wrote:I also wish I would have crushed on someone else but I have crushed on him. No, I don't want to be responsible if he lost everything he has now but I would like to just let him know how I feel in the very least.

Ok, then pull him to the side at some point and time and ask for a private meeting in a public location - meaning a location outside of the church, but still in a 'safe' place where this won't feel all creepy and lead others to have conclusions here.

Then tell him. If it helps, then write it in a short letter and hand it to him.

The reality is that many a priest/brother/nun get folk with crushes on them, and more often than not the clergy individual softly lets the person down. However - if you are openly gay and the Church he is working in isn't terribly fond of 'the gay' then you need to make certain to not cross boundries that will be misread by the nosey, gossipy types which are many in churches.