Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to come out to my family.....
I came out at your age. Though my parents seemed to be homophobic, I didn't care. I've just written a letter, my mum went to another room and read it to my dad. They hardly believed but immediately stopped hate speech and day by day used to it. Few years later I even spent New Year's Eve together with my bf and parents Bee. I've already came out to so many people I can't even count and didn't experience any negative reaction. Some people were more sceptical but no one hostile. And that happened in traditional Poland. You live in England, there are rights protecting you and you can get a lot of support I suppose so don't give up the idea of coming out Smile

The only thing I would say is make sure you have somewhere to go if they react badly.

My younger brother has a friend who came out to his parents, and their response was 'when will you be moving out?'

I don't mean to scare you, but it is a possibility you need to keep in mind.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Here's my advice: keep your mouth shut and don't say anything you might regret later.

I was lucky, my mother and my grandmother came to me about it and convinced me to come out when I was ready. I took it with flying colors. My only regret is probably that I should have waited until I went to college. I went through a lot of shit the last two years of High School because of it. And when I came out to my Dad. I'm not sure he believes me now, but he's supportive of me.

It all depends on what you feel, if it's time to empty the closet, then by all means, come out!

Is there really a need for you to came out right now?
Take your time get established and comfortable in your own skin.

I told my mom not so long before joining GS. Long story short, she thought that I was kidding and/or I was following a trend of young guys claiming to be bi because they want to show they're not homophobes.

I don't think she'll care when I sit her down to actually talk about this. She always said she was glad she had two straight sons because she'd be sorry for us if any of us were gay. She explained that she'd be sad for our lack of rights and the amount of violence we would be taking the risk of being a target of. I think she is totally cool about it.

As for my dad, I think he suspects about my sexuality. I've never even spoken to him about any of this, because I know how conservative his part of the family is, but I guess he would be fine. If not, my mom can always talk to him to help me.

But I don't know, I'm not ashamed of who I am but I am too scared to be completely open about this.

Lol i never told you guys but actually it was this website that made me tell my mother and subsequently (not of my own accord) all of her friends.

She thought this was some crazy sex website becauze you guys post so much naked men and questions about penises and bumholes. And then I haf to explain.

But the point was, it was something that happened naturally.

Lilitu Wrote:She thought this was some crazy sex website becauze you guys post so much naked men

Wait this isn't some crazy sex site???

Guess I have to self delete now

^^Damn me to..

Bravo Wrote:she'd be sorry for us if any of us were gay. She explained that she'd be sad for our lack of rights and the amount of violence we would be taking the risk of being a target of. I think she is totally cool about it.

As for my dad, I think he suspects about my sexuality. I've never even spoken to him about any of this, because I know how conservative his part of the family is, but I guess he would be fine. If not, my mom can always talk to him to help me.

I feel like I would read my story. My mom said the same thing that the only problem for her in being gay is that they have more difficult lives. My father's family is also very conservative. I think it's quite difficult for him to accept my sexuality, so he ignores it. Also my mom revealed to my grandparents that I'm gay and they were ok but my father feel more ashamed to say anyone.