Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Account Deletion
I have been trying to get my account deleted since last November. I've gone through all the steps over and over, but I seem to be caught in an endless loop of Auto-Replies. I've sent many messages using the "Contact Us" feature. My profile says I'm slated for deletion. but 8 months later and I'm still trying. It's so damn frustrating.

Does anyone know of any other way to contact whomever runs the site?

Email Andy

artyboy Wrote:Email Andy

I did that several times by clicking on "Contact Us' and then filling out the form to email him. Is there another way I should be doing it?

PM him.............

Why do you need to delete the account?

Used to be one could delete and walk away without Andy having to get a request and then process it manually. But then that system was abused and Andy took charge and decided to moderate the deleting process.

A few years ago we had a mass migration of people who deleted their accounts and ran away over some political crap or something. Many of them came back (slinked back) Made new accounts and started over. A couple three decided to try being someone else, hiding who they were and perhaps played head games with people.

The Basic purpose of Gayspeak is to make a comfortable forum for people to be real and talk about their issues and problems and share themselves. It becomes hard to do when ex-memebers come back, pretending to be someone else, or playing games.

Andy is a busy fella, this site is NOT an income site for him. That $50 is for the purpose of keeping this site up and running, its not profit for him. He reached deep into his own pocket to make this site, went the extra mile to keep the site up as servers failed.

He works, I think he is still a student and still has a life. If he missed your post/request its most likely that.

Do you really need your account deleted?

I have walked away from here several times for short to long periods of time. When gone I didn't even bother to lurk. I stayed away. Nothing bad ever came away from my account being active whilst I wasn't. I doubt anything bad will happen to you if you just deleted your link to Gayspeak, cleaned out your password/username from your computer.

Besides, you might want to come back someday to help others or seek help for yourself. Its handy to already have your account here.

Yeah i don't see the need to delete it, if you don't want to come by, don't

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Why do you need to delete the account?

Used to be one could delete and walk away without Andy having to get a request and then process it manually. But then that system was abused and Andy took charge and decided to moderate the deleting process.

A few years ago we had a mass migration of people who deleted their accounts and ran away over some political crap or something. Many of them came back (slinked back) Made new accounts and started over. A couple three decided to try being someone else, hiding who they were and perhaps played head games with people.

The Basic purpose of Gayspeak is to make a comfortable forum for people to be real and talk about their issues and problems and share themselves. It becomes hard to do when ex-memebers come back, pretending to be someone else, or playing games.

Andy is a busy fella, this site is NOT an income site for him. That $50 is for the purpose of keeping this site up and running, its not profit for him. He reached deep into his own pocket to make this site, went the extra mile to keep the site up as servers failed.

He works, I think he is still a student and still has a life. If he missed your post/request its most likely that.

Do you really need your account deleted?

I have walked away from here several times for short to long periods of time. When gone I didn't even bother to lurk. I stayed away. Nothing bad ever came away from my account being active whilst I wasn't. I doubt anything bad will happen to you if you just deleted your link to Gayspeak, cleaned out your password/username from your computer.

Besides, you might want to come back someday to help others or seek help for yourself. Its handy to already have your account here.
I don't think Andy is still a student, no, but he does keep the site safe and running out of his own pocket. He's a busy man too, that's true.

i can understand a need for a clean break but you are anonymous anyway so you can leave and you dont have to worry - plus you can come back in the future if you wanted to , sorry to loose you as a member anyway - take care

Oh, what a shame. I thought you had a lot to offer.

Cheers.

If you're getting emails from the forum, just go in your profile and set it so you don't...that's about the best you can do.

Next...most forums do not allow for forum deletion at all.

That being said, you might as well stick around with us crazy sons of bitches...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!