Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm a loser lol
Guys this has been bugging me lately! So about 2 years ago My family and I lost our home, I was in college and I took a year off because we couldn't really finance for my education and i got a job to help support myself for the time being. I just work part time at a grocery store in two food departments and I enjoy where I work and the people I work with. Now my sister got a home for us and we are all living with each other, all of us paying bills as a team.

I'm back in school with a good GPA and getting a degree in video/audio art, but I feel so far behind everyone else. I'm 22, single, never had a boyfriend, living at home with my family, working part time, and I'm also trying to save up for a car payment because my other car died. I mean I cook all my own meals, buy most of my own groceries, clean up after myself, pay bills to help my family not go through something so horrible again. It's just bugging me most of the people I know are moving out have their own apartments have amazing relationships. I just don't want turn a guy off saying I live at my sisters home with my parents. My family is very important to me I just don't want anything to happen to them again and I don't want to turn a guy away because I'm not very successful or mr money bags.

I'm sorry I'm whining like this, but I've been wanting to date someone now that I'm comfortable with my sexuality. You think I should wait to get my shit together, or you think theres a guy out there who would want to date me?

Oh yeah I'm also looking into apartments here once I get my car payment going.

Sopt right there mister u.u
Feel no shame cos you are being a very honorable man. Helping to support your family is an great responsibility. It sounds like you've done what you had to do which is good

Keep being honorable and you'll find someone. Also I don't think living with your family is a turnoff. I live with my family. My mum and two of my brothers. One for them is two years older than I am and my little brother is 3 years younger.

Smile
The Joshular declares you have honor something lacking in todays society.

Lol yeah my family and I still get on each other nerves but we all still love each other!

Sounds you've got things figured out. I for one would definitely go out with you. What's so wrong about trying to get on your own feet?Confusedmile:

BornThisWay Wrote:Lol yeah my family and I still get on each other nerves but we all still love each other!

That's what families are for n.n

Jesunrocks Wrote:Sounds you've got things figured out. I for one would definitely go out with you. What's so wrong about trying to get on your own feet?Confusedmile:

Awwww thanks! Yeah I use to be a bit of a bum but The bad stuff that happened in life has had a lot of impact on me as a person.

BornThisWay Wrote:Awwww thanks! Yeah I use to be a bit of a bum but The bad stuff that happened in life has had a lot of impact on me as a person.

just found out all posters on this thread live with their family. what a bum threadEvilgrinblack

I Wrote this on my facebook and I wan tto share it with all my fellow GS members!

Sometimes the struggles we go through are the best things that create us into stronger individuals. For anyone out there going through something hard in their life, you have my love and support. I may not know you, but things can only get better. As a wise animated character said one time, "while it's always best to believe in ones self, alittle help from others can be a great blessing!"- Uncle Iroh

BornThisWay Wrote:Guys this has been bugging me lately! So about 2 years ago My family and I lost our home, I was in college and I took a year off because we couldn't really finance for my education and i got a job to help support myself for the time being. I just work part time at a grocery store in two food departments and I enjoy where I work and the people I work with. Now my sister got a home for us and we are all living with each other, all of us paying bills as a team.

I'm back in school with a good GPA and getting a degree in video/audio art, but I feel so far behind everyone else. I'm 22, single, never had a boyfriend, living at home with my family, working part time, and I'm also trying to save up for a car payment because my other car died. I mean I cook all my own meals, buy most of my own groceries, clean up after myself, pay bills to help my family not go through something so horrible again. It's just bugging me most of the people I know are moving out have their own apartments have amazing relationships. I just don't want turn a guy off saying I live at my sisters home with my parents. My family is very important to me I just don't want anything to happen to them again and I don't want to turn a guy away because I'm not very successful or mr money bags.

I'm sorry I'm whining like this, but I've been wanting to date someone now that I'm comfortable with my sexuality. You think I should wait to get my shit together, or you think theres a guy out there who would want to date me?

Oh yeah I'm also looking into apartments here once I get my car payment going.

Now, not to be pesimistic but that isn't entirely true, not say there aren't people living like that but there are a lot of guys in your situation and single guys living happy lifes as well, rather than a loser, you seem like a winner to me, down to earth, kind, hard working, and cute to boot.

Don't try to meassure yourself to other people everyone is different, live your life one step at time and enjoy it, when you least expect it, your love story is going to unfold, but please don't rather yourself down.

Don't think that you're a loser maan.

You are working and trying to get back on your feet, and trying is the best
thing you can do.

I'm 25, turning 26th and I live at home. My middle brother is moving out in October
and it'll be just me and my parents. I lost my job 3mo's ago and have been
struggling financially. If not for my parents, I'd probably on the curb right now.

But after some soul searching over the summer I finally figured out what I wanted
to do. I am currently enrolled in Nursing Assistant classes and once I get my
certificate, I will find a job and save up to move out to California by the
end of next year.

I'm just learning how to be patient and that everything takes time. And if
opportunity knocks, to answer it and welcome it.

I know how you feel about seeing friends and seeing how successful they are
in life, but you can't and shouldn't compare your life with others, cause everyone
is on a different path. We all need to learn certain lessons first before we can
finally move on, and you'll come out from it all the better :]

good luck with everything!