Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm a loser lol
I've felt self-conscious about being perceived as a "loser" before too. I live with my dad and brother, and we all three get along extremely well— we're like good friends. If it were economically feasible I would obviously be living alone, but it's near impossible to attend university full-time, and also make an income that you can completely support yourself on. My dad understands that and has told me as long as I'm in college and/or improving my life, I'll always have a room.

I also had a bunch of medical problems and was hospitalized twice over cancer in the past year and a half, so with my medical bills and everything it makes the situation even more difficult. So, you know what? If someone judges you for that, fuck 'em. They don't know your life or your past or your circumstances. I'm not fortunate enough to have wealthy family who can pay my way through college and pay my rent and living costs, unlike some people I know. On the contrary, I struggle, but I think that's probably for the better, to be honest. Struggle leads to growth.

The economy sucks right now, so it's not unusual for families to stick together. In fact, in some countries it's normal. I have a friend from Laos and her whole family lives together— parents, kids, grandkids, grandparents— all under one roof. That's how their culture is. The families stay together and take care of each other into old age; it's like a generational, cyclical thing. I also had a friend from Russia whose family did the same thing. She was 30, had been a dental hygienist, but was attending school again, and lived in a big house with her entire family. You gotta do what you gotta do.

The only time I have objections to people living with family is if they are leeching off of them and/or too lazy to look for a job or have any motivation or ambition whatsoever. That's ridiculous. Otherwise, shit happens. Work is hard to come by, and college ain't cheap.

I may move into a rental house my dad owns that's closer to my university when I go to grad school in a year or so, so we'll see.

Jesunrocks Wrote:just found out all posters on this thread live with their family. what a bum threadEvilgrinblack

Pukeface

D:

I don't think you should feel like a loser at all. I think working to support one's family is actually an attractive quality, if nothing else. You seem very responsible and you have your life together. You live with your parents out of necessity, and it would be insensitive of someone to be turned off by that. Besides, if you're a loser, then I don't even know what to call myself.

Your not a loser. What you did for your family was great. The right man will come along for you.
An eye for an eye

I think you're anything but a loser.
A guy who would to date you? If I find a guy young like you, with a similar history maybe I will not settle only for a single date. You seems like a mature attitude, a man with balls (it's an italian expression, I don't know if in english has the same effect.), not a silly boy... (LOL)

You need only to wait and search, or come to London. XD

i'll take a quote from the end of your post mate "You think I should wait to get my shit together" - your shit is so together its unreal, you care about your family b4 yourself, take responsibility for your own actions and wellbeing, understand that working as a team is the way forward - I could go on !!!! people search for someone like you all their lives and never find them, your attributes are so perfect for a long term relationship - fingers cross you get that date soon

the right guy will come along and find that jewel in your heart. also, just as important, you got a right head on your shoulders. don't lose faith and carry on with what you're doing. I don't meant to sound Pollyanna, but mr. incredible just hasn't met you yet.

aloha