Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I might be an Asian?

Just watched this vid from the Double Chen Channel on YouTube titled '9 Asian Eating Habits Westerners May Never Understand'.

I do all but 1 of these but I'm a English white lad lol!

rice rice rice .. the reason why i dont want to leave asia ..... lol ..

Who doesn't like RICE FFS lol?

Oh I watch them sometimes too.

Tho I think rice, while popular in the Caribbean, South America and Asia as it is, is respectively eaten differently and holds different significance.

For instance:

Here, eating rice is said to be good for strong hair follicles and along with something like Aloe Vera, is used to supplement strong hair growth, especially for people with Dreadlocks, which is obviously common here.

Whereas in Japan, the words for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, literally translate to 朝ご飯、昼ご飯、晩ご飯 , "Morning Rice, Afternoon Rice and Evening Rice" respectively.

Which indicates how dedicated to rice they are and not in the stereotypical "all Asians eat Rice" way.

And I'm sure there's a majour reason as well for Latinos, aside from it being part of the "traditional" meal Arroz con Pollo, "Rice with Chicken" .

Sylph Wrote:Oh I watch them sometimes too.

Tho I think rice, while popular in the Caribbean, South America and Asia as it is, is respectively eaten differently and holds different significance.

For instance:

Here, eating rice is said to be good for strong hair follicles and along with something like Aloe Vera, is used to supplement strong hair growth, especially for people with Dreadlocks, which is obviously common here.

Whereas in Japan, the words for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, literally translate to 朝ご飯、昼ご飯、晩ご飯 , "Morning Rice, Afternoon Rice and Evening Rice" respectively.

Which indicates how dedicated to rice they are and not in the stereotypical "all Asians eat Rice" way.

And I'm sure there's a majour reason as well for Latinos, aside from it being part of the "traditional" meal Arroz con Pollo, "Rice with Chicken" .

I'm love Thia and West Indian peas and rice.

artyboy Wrote:Who doesn't like RICE FFS lol?

Me. I don't like rice.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

artyboy Wrote:I'm love Thia and West Indian peas and rice.

I think your love is creating grammatical inconsistencies;

"I'm in Love with Thai ...
I love Thai..."

And also, there's no one style of West Indian "Peas & Rice"

All of our islands have different ways to eat and prepare Rice;

You're probably talking about a generic dish, that's probably done in the style Jamaicans do it, as they have the most influence in Europe, culinary wise.

For example, I love Pilau Rice, but you're probably unaccustom to that sort of rice. It's not even remotely close to "Asian Rice" (a term I use loosely), so your love of rice dear, doesn't make you Asian! Sheep

The only way to claim any Asian in you, is to have a Asian man plow ya hunny Shakin

meridannight Wrote:Me. I don't like rice.

Clearly you must be blessed and sanctified hence forth immediately by way of the blessing that is Pilau and Marsala...

Or perhaps even with my favourite, Bittles, which are lightly burnt portions from the bottom of the pot of Seasoned rice, with Pineapples and blessed ass onions.

Hmm, perhaps such a influx of overwhelmingly explosive tastes will leave you mentally crippled...

Best to start you off easy with the aforementioned Pilau Sheep

Sylph Wrote:Or perhaps even with my favourite, Bittles, which are lightly burnt portions from the bottom of the pot of Seasoned rice

Big Grin Here I thought I was a freak for enjoying the burnt clumpy bits. I've been nibbling them in shame for years.

Sylph Wrote:Clearly you must be blessed and sanctified hence forth immediately by way of the blessing that is Pilau and Marsala...

Or perhaps even with my favourite, Bittles, which are lightly burnt portions from the bottom of the pot of Seasoned rice, with Pineapples and blessed ass onions.

Hmm, perhaps such a influx of overwhelmingly explosive tastes will leave you mentally crippled...

Best to start you off easy with the aforementioned Pilau

You eat burnt parts of rice from the bottom of the pot? And no onions for me either, thank you.

I have no idea what any of those things are, by the way. And that's a nice plan, but how're you gonna get me to eat any of that?
''Do I look civilized to you?''