Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I need to warn you.... SAD
It appears I have been rubbing people the wrong way lately.

Someone has pointed out that there appears to be a personality change going on with me.

Well there is. I have SAD, Seasonal Affected Disorder. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasona...N=symptoms

Unfortunately I do not have just the depression side of this, I also have the manic side as well.

I am a seasonal bi-polar person.

It is spring - and it affects me stronger than most people.

Thus far you have been introduced to Mr. Melancholia, I fear that Mr. Mania is coming to visit.

If I offend or seem to be intent on harming others, I apologize - it is not my intent.

I think Dr. Jekell/Mr. Hyde would have been a better user name.

No worries.

You couldn't possibly be worse than that 19 yr old blond kid from Santa Monica...what was his name? CaliforniaLife?

:biggrin:

Whatever happened to him anyway...?

Knuddel

lol. SAD sounds cool... Bringing the lord's wrath with his seasons.

Be manic and crazy, buddy.. You're a good poster all the same. (Can't wait to read you in the summer time : ) )

Okay I may be reading this wrong or getting the wron impression but this isn't something to laugh about. But that's my opinion

We like you both ways, don't worry, B.A. Smile

So sorry you have to go through this every year.
Thank you for warning us all.

One of friend in Sweden has this. According to what he describes to me, it seems to happen more frequently at high latitude regions. He sometimes even comes to California or other tropical country in winter just to feel better.

LateBloomer Wrote:No worries.

You couldn't possibly be worse than that 19 yr old blond kid from Santa Monica...what was his name? CaliforniaLife?

:biggrin:

Whatever happened to him anyway...?

Knuddel

Oh I know who you are talking about, Wes. Worse... Define worse:biggrin:

SadSilence Wrote:Okay I may be reading this wrong or getting the wron impression but this isn't something to laugh about. But that's my opinion

The greatest difference between animals and humans is that humans are able to laugh at themselves.

There are times when I laugh at myself because it relieves more than merely crying. Laughter makes the unbearable bearable.

Its ok to laugh.

JasonLA Wrote:One of friend in Sweden has this. According to what he describes to me, it seems to happen more frequently at high latitude regions. He sometimes even comes to California or other tropical country in winter just to feel better.

Well I tell everyone I moved to California for the cheese.... Wink

Yes it does happen at higher latitudes and it can hit more severely - I can't imagine what I would be like in Alaska with midnight sun in summer and a month with no sun in winter.