Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I think gays are wrong and unnatural...just my opinion though"
Sounds like he cares more about scoring points than about anything he's actually saying.

I can say from experience that such people never admit to anything less than their own absolute correctness - and therefore never learn anything.

It also messes with my brain when anti-gay people lash out at pro-gay people for not accepting their opinion. They call pro-gays the intolerant bigots because they won't accept the anti-gays' way of thinking. They say that they aren't being hateful at all, they just simply disagree that same sex couples should be allowed to do anything. But honestly, which statement sounds more bigoted, intolerant and hateful?

This:
"I think gay people are the spawn of Satan. They're disgusting, unnatural human beings spreading disease and I think they should all die in a fire....just my opinion."

Or this:
"Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, though not nearly as likely. They're just people who want to love in their own way. Let them be happy, they're not hurting you?"

Lol That guys makes some amusing points

"If you are just going to use someone's religion against them..."
You aren't arguging that their religion is a lie you are pointing out the hypocracy and contradictory nature of their beliefs.
It would be like using the fact that someone is vegan and critisizing them for wearing leather.

And I love it how he is first saying that we are undermining the law of natural selection by supporting "unproductive members" and then tries to use that arguement to suggest that we need to encorage homosexual people to be straight.

I think those people have yet to see the real world around them, including the animal kingdom.

It's interesting: when it comes to discussions of human sexuality, I have a harder time having my ideas and perceptions being accepted by gay people than straight people. I guess what I'm getting at is gay people can shut you down and be close-minded just as much as a homophobic person. Luckily, I haven't experienced any resistance to my sexuality, or small-mindedness in regards to discussions of homosexuality from any straight people. That being said, no one should carry around those perceptions. I have friends who thought a lot different of gay people and sexuality before they met me. Sometimes having someone you care for be the very thing you claim to despise can do a number to your long-held notions. I can only hope those people experience something that makes them see the light: love is love.

Step back and look at his rather concise answers, almost as if they were on a teleprompter. Superficially they're vague so that refutation is difficult. Sure he has points but they're only in his own mind. This is a person who has measured off denials to any arguments you-or anyone-puts up. There's religion, simple logic, explanation by example....save one that he cannot run down and shoot; Science. He forgets that the DNA of a homosexual does have some different markers from that of a heterosexual person. To be fair, these have not yet been clearly identified and labeled but they do exist and are at least solids as opposed to his rather amorphous faux philosophy. He works on the realization that he "sounds" as if he'd thought this out but the reality is that it's anti-homosexual cant that goes back a long, long way; He's just repackaged it plus, I must tell you, once he's got you engaged, he's also got you on the defensive-that's the poison of his speeches, they look good, they sound good, they seem good but they're all taken from the same poisoned well. He's being seemingly rational, no attack, just roll out the verbiage and hope it finds potting soil. You can't refute him because for someone to accept refutation is to ever so slightly acknowledge they may be a little bit wrong, a concession he's not going to make. If you want to divert him, ask him about his "feelings", describe how he knows their "feelings" and not just stray ideas. Ultimately, wander away leaving him, sadly, to believe he's won again. He hasn't but he'll believe he has and in his world, what he thinks is all that matters.