Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think this guy on the internet likes me?
The majority of people I've dated, I've met online through random web activity, just like how you met this guy. There are a lot of pros and cons to meeting people online.

The best thing to me is that if you can keep up a conversation like that on skype for 3 hours a day for over a month, it's pretty likely you're compatible enough that you're not going to fizzle and run out of things to talk about. You also can be sure he's into you for you, not just sexy talk. You get a view of who he really is and how he feels about things.

On the flip side, it's so easy to be tricked when all you have is text and maybe some photos. You should look into skype video calling each other pretty soon, definitely before you go making anything official. You might be nervous to take that step, but it's necessary to know if this person is one you'll actually find attractive and have chemistry with when you're speaking face to face.

After that, it's all a question of logistics and commitment. Can you make it work long distance? Do both of you want to? How long before you can live in close proximity to one another, like at least within easy driving distance (2 hours max, ideally)? If your lives are pulling you in different directions, it's not likely your relationship will work out long-term. But if you think one of you could move to live near the other without giving up too much, it could very well work out. It's just important to have that end-game in sight once you get past the casual stage or your relationship can really drag you down with the uncertainty of it all.

Good luck with it, and feel free to keep us updated Smile. It sounds very cute!