Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used to believe that...
I was buying airtime at a Shell and this little boy and his Ma were standing behind me in the queue,the sky suddenly rumbled and I clenched my fist.The young boy must've sensed my nervousness because he said that I shouldn't be scared,God is just doing His Spring cleaning in heaven and I thanked him for calming me down.When I was a boy,my Gran told me that Christmas beetles were Santa's helpers sent to keep an eye on me therefore I should be on my best behaviour so that the beetles have only good things to say about me to Santa and then I'd get nice presents.My older bro told me that it was all nonsense but I didn't believe him.I'd spend the whole of December being an absolute angel & of course,I'd get rewarded.What did you believe in when you were little?

For years mum told me that cranes (the kind used on building sites not the birds) were called giraffes!!!!

And I used to believe that dripping (dunno if its just a yorkshire thing - its an animal fat used for cooking and some people spread it on bread, similar to lard) was bat droppings. Think that was a confusion from watching ace ventura at a very young age!!!

My grandma told me the man going around the neighbourhood collecting gas
barels was in fact taking away little kids to sell them. Scared Was giving the guy some mean looks when i will see him near my house lol
I also thought pelicans were delivering babies and holding hads and kiss was enough to place an order for a baby.

i used to believe that marriage is what produces babies not sex ...

and that God is a big egg shaped person with thin short legs .. when i was 4 - 6 years old i used to portray him like this

[Image: god.jpg]

LOL! Bless!

Hmmm I used to think that earwigs were gonna pinch me and I used to RUN from them as fast as I could!

I used to believe that everytime I said to myself that a guy was cute, that he could hear my thoughts... so I used to go bright red.

Even though I knew I hadn't seen santa and his sleigh fly across the moon that night, my mum somehow tricked me into believing I did... so even though I'd seen my parents hauling the prezzies down the stairs year after year, I still believed that santa dropped the prezzies off on the roof and dad used to climb up and bring em all down.

Smurlos Wrote:I still believed that santa dropped the prezzies off on the roof and dad used to climb up and bring em all down.
lol i liked that one and the egg shaped God with little legs very funny Elkgrin

that is very very funny what god look like! i thot god looked like mr sailer when i was a child.

OMG, Dan, thanks for bringing back this memory... as I was mowing the lawn I noticed that a huge number of mushrooms had popped up... I remember someone telling me that "the magic little" people lived under these mushrooms and would bring good luck!

It took so much time mow the lawn around those 8 little villages and when I stepped on a part of one - OMG - felt just sooooo awful!

I was conviced Mr Wippy ice cream was made thick by using chicken fat. I belived this unill very recently when someone pointed out that vegetarians can eat it DOH

malcs Wrote:I was conviced Mr Wippy ice cream was made thick by using chicken fat. I belived this unill very recently when someone pointed out that vegetarians can eat it DOH
Maybe, but I'm sure it's no coincidence that Walls make both ice cream and sausages :eek: