Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Never Been Asked Out on a Date
I've never been asked out before. I have initiated the 2 dates I've officially been on. I'm 22, and I'm losing hope. I know that may seem stupid because I am on the younger side, but am sick of guys never noticing me. I am an introvert so I may seem cold and aloof to someone, but I'm not. I'm so sad I don't have a special someone in my life. I'm okay with being alone and enjoying time by myself, but I'm sick of it all the time. I want intimacy with someone, but no one seems to want it with me...

livingproof Wrote:I've never been asked out before. I have initiated the 2 dates I've officially been on. I'm 22, and I'm losing hope. I know that may seem stupid because I am on the younger side, but am sick of guys never noticing me. I am an introvert so I may seem cold and aloof to someone, but I'm not. I'm so sad I don't have a special someone in my life. I'm okay with being alone and enjoying time by myself, but I'm sick of it all the time. I want intimacy with someone, but no one seems to want it with me...

Aww, keep your head in the game. That's the only thing we can really do. Our Prince Charmings will come eventually :-) It seems as though we're pretty similar in that desire for intimacy. I want it too, more than sex. I just want someone I can have a good time with and enjoy being close to them. Well anyway, chin up and just believe in yourself. Maybe try to branch out a little bit more. I was/am shy, not so much anymore, but it's still something I have to work on.

And P.S: TALK TO ME ABOUT POKEMON XD

Lol, yeah it was funny I was reading your post when you messaged me. It really sucks! haha and yes pokemon Smile

So, why is it a distraction to you that YOU have to do the asking??? If you are getting a date, WHY does it matter WHO does the asking???

Yes, I know it will make you feel better if YOU were asked, but we dont live in Wonderland. If you are getting dates for being forward enough to ask for them, then keep it up. If you're going to give up because nobody asks YOU, then you will be sitting there a LONG time.

Unfortunately people are not motivated by brains, intelligence, empathy, manners, etiquette, and just being a decent person anymore. They are shallow, self absorbed, brainless, emotionless, and plastic. What matters is your looks, your wallet, your vehicle, your residence, your big fake muscles, and your fake tan.

If you are looking for reality, then you will be sitting on the bench for a very, VERY long time if you are going to wait to be asked on a date by a decent man.

Reality is a bitch....and I wish someone would kill her.

Ummmm, do you like older guys?????
Evilgrin1RoflRofl

My impression is that people who wait to "be noticed" get the players who use their "game" to pick them up, use them, and lose them, because the decent men will respect your space and not bother you if they think you're not interested. The players, however, will try to make you interested (and neither care what you feel nor respect you or your space) and some are experts in telling you exactly what you want to hear (so many people project their fantasies on anyone who shows them any attention that it's almost too easy, the player just has to play along with what they consider meat rather than a person).

IOW, it could be worse. Much worse, actually. And I really don't think you'll find a "special someone" by just waiting for Prince Charming to come sweep you off your feet. At least it doesn't work for the vast majority of straight women and gay men who try that tactic, they usually either get played by those who don't respect them or ignored.

'course it can be tricky finding the right balance of sharing yourself so the right person can come to you and becoming similar to the players, but many do just that so it can be done.

I think you all have the wrong impression. It's not like I sit in my room waiting for someone to come sweep me off my feet! I do go to places, I try talking to people when I have the courage to. What I'm saying is that nothing works. No one ever wants ask me out to get to know me better or ever feels anything for me. So that is what I meant.

I see. So once again its up to the elves.

Livingproof,

I know I'm old (107), cantankerous and not part of your species (I'm half elf, half human - sorry), but would you do me the honor of going out with me for a decent dinner and catch a movie?

Consider yourself officially asked out on a date.

(Mind you do not have to reply with a yes... I get that the logistics of this will be nigh unto impossible, but it is the thought that counts Wink )

Please to note you are not on the younger side - you are youth itself. Being on the younger side hits a 30, being 'youthful' hits at forty, being 'mature and youthful' hits a 50... you have a long, long way to go before you are old....

After 100 years - then you are no longer young.....

Thank you, just made my day Smile Loved this post Bow! Why yes, if there was some possible way to go on a date, I definitely would Smile

Your welcome - I wish though that you can find a good guy and have a real date. But I hope you do feel better.

Thank you Smile