Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Never Been Asked Out on a Date
Yeah, see the thing is I've tried 95% of all those things. I have okcupid and all that stuff. And my gaydar is pretty good I suppose. But like, I guess the problem with me is when I want to strike up a conversation, the situation is awkward. Like there is a guy in one of my classes that I think may be gay and is absolutely adorable. But I mean, what am I supposed to do? Go up to him after class and be like what's up? Now I feel like someone's response to that would be something like "Well that's exactly what you do". But it just seems so awkward to me...

livingproof Wrote:Yeah, see the thing is I've tried 95% of all those things. I have okcupid and all that stuff. And my gaydar is pretty good I suppose. But like, I guess the problem with me is when I want to strike up a conversation, the situation is awkward. Like there is a guy in one of my classes that I think may be gay and is absolutely adorable. But I mean, what am I supposed to do? Go up to him after class and be like what's up? Now I feel like someone's response to that would be something like "Well that's exactly what you do". But it just seems so awkward to me...

If you're in the same class, eventually you should have a chance to talk to him in a less direct/sudden manner, though, right? Smile

I hope. See we have this thing called "crushes" on fb where people anonymously submit who they have a crush on, and then they post it and people comment. I submitted, and now I will see if anyone comments or if he does. The class I'm in has 3 guys, so if he/someone says you're barking up the wrong tree or something, then I'll know.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I see. So once again its up to the elves.

Livingproof,

I know I'm old (107), cantankerous and not part of your species (I'm half elf, half human - sorry), but would you do me the honor of going out with me for a decent dinner and catch a movie?

Consider yourself officially asked out on a date.

(Mind you do not have to reply with a yes... I get that the logistics of this will be nigh unto impossible, but it is the thought that counts Wink )

Please to note you are not on the younger side - you are youth itself. Being on the younger side hits a 30, being 'youthful' hits at forty, being 'mature and youthful' hits a 50... you have a long, long way to go before you are old....

After 100 years - then you are no longer young.....

Cheating on me with the new guy already?????

Geez, keep it in your pants for a couple minutes, huh!!!
Drool-smileyRoflBighug

If you are in college, then you have MUCH better chances for meeting guys than the rest of us do.

College is hard enough, why add the burden of a BF to it? I would suggest focusing on your studies, get them done and get school over with.

THEN, when you get a job and start getting a paycheck and have your own place to live in, THEN you can start looking for romance. Logically, adding to what you have now will decrease your abilities in school and tax your emotions.

Get school over with, then get a life.

Beau Wrote:Nothing wrong with you asking guys out. In any relationship one of the people has to ask the other one out. Why not you? Let them know you are interested in them.

Really? I'm sorry but didn't you tell me several months ago that you had minor issues with initiating?

I know, now you are in a long term marriage thingy and suddenly ooze with confidence.....:tongue:

livingproof Wrote:I've never been asked out before. I have initiated the 2 dates I've officially been on. I'm 22, and I'm losing hope. I know that may seem stupid because I am on the younger side, but am sick of guys never noticing me. I am an introvert so I may seem cold and aloof to someone, but I'm not. I'm so sad I don't have a special someone in my life. I'm okay with being alone and enjoying time by myself, but I'm sick of it all the time. I want intimacy with someone, but no one seems to want it with me...

Aww... This is going to sound cliche', but don't stop trying. Personally speaking, I've just tried to be happy being single, and I've been asked out a few different times now (by girls and guys!). But I'll probably stop being asked out by girls, since most of my friends know I'm gay now.... Wink ). As good as this might sound, a long time ago, I was very caught up with someone who I really, really wanted to like me, but who simply didn't on the same level. I found that it wasn't until I honestly moved past that, and became happy with myself, that other people wanted to be with me.

IMPORTANT: When someone does ask out, don't say yes if you have any hesitation about the relationship saying yes will create, or if you honestly aren't ready yet for a relationship, especially if you're already friends. You don't want to ruin that. This is me speaking from a level of personal experience, because I have ruined friendships through doing that. In addition, if you ask someone out, give them some time to think about it if they'd like, no one appreciates feeling forced into saying yes.

Also, if I can be a little bit forward, you are not an unattractive guy. I honestly believe that you'll find somebody, and, I wouldn't worry about being down about being single until that happens. If you're already happy going into a relationship, you'll have even more to offer.

To the orig post...

I just turned 26, and I have asked myself the same question, lol

The last date I went on complete with dinner and typical what-not
was was back in like 2009 and that whole thing was short-lived
after 2 months.

I just don't try anymore really, I leave it up to fate and let things
happen naturally. I go about everything and every guy I meet as
a friend first instead of a prospective boyfriend/relationship.

No one really asks me out on dates either, aside for friends of course,
but then again I don't really get chances of opportunities to be around
a massive amount of gay folk, and I'm fine with that.

If I find him, I will.. And if I don't, then that's okay too.. [well at least I
try and tell myself that, lol!]

good luck :]

MisterTinkles Wrote:If you are in college, then you have MUCH better chances for meeting guys than the rest of us do.

College is hard enough, why add the burden of a BF to it? I would suggest focusing on your studies, get them done and get school over with.

THEN, when you get a job and start getting a paycheck and have your own place to live in, THEN you can start looking for romance. Logically, adding to what you have now will decrease your abilities in school and tax your emotions.

Get school over with, then get a life.

I do second this...

Relationships (well, a toxic one) fucked up my performance at university.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Really? I'm sorry but didn't you tell me several months ago that you had minor issues with initiating?

I know, now you are in a long term marriage thingy and suddenly ooze with confidence.....:tongue:
Uh, well yes I guess I did. It was my bf that asked me out.

I did ask if I could come back for a second date though. :tongue: