Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've finally told everyone :D
Last month, the first person I came out to was a gay guy I play online with. I guess he already knew I was. I've basically been acting [straight] for a long time, and it wasn't fun at all. Then the next week I told my step mom that I was and she said "You think I didn't know that already?"

The end of April brought my biggest challenge, telling my dad and brothers (my mom knew way way before and took that to her grave). I was so nervous, but I did it and they said "We already knew that." That's not what I was expecting at all. -_-

Yesterday, I told all of my friends and all of them said "I don't care, you're still my bud" Big Grin , the one even told me he'd make someone pay if they tried to harm me because of me being gay. They were a little shocked to find out I was though. The large group of people I play online with also figured out I was, and they even throw in stuff I'd want to hear, instead of what they normally talk about.

So if you're struggling with coming out, there's a big chance that those people already know. But it seems like it's a process that doesn't really stop, you have to keep telling people.

congratulations!!! Glad you've had positive experiences.

That's great, Fayt! I'm really happy for you!

Congrats dude Smile Seriously I'm happy everything went well for you Smile

And yes some do figure it out before you come out. About 90% of all of my friends already knew when I came out to them. I came out to one at a time though and then I came out to my sister who was just giddy about it. She still loves me and all that doesn't matter.
Only person who initially had a "bad" reaction was my mother in December. I went to a friend's house for a week and well things subsided and to this day I'm glad I came out Smile It really does help a lot even though I don't discuss that type of stuff with my mom (Trying to let her still warm up to it ya know. Its only been a few months but I gave her The Meaning Of Matthew as a way of I guess introducing her to having a gay son.)

But still once again congrats Smile

I guess what was giving it away was out of my 2 other brothers, I was the only one who hadn't had a girlfriend, and dodging the question "what kind of girls are you into?". The other being a certain accent to my voice, or something, which I don't really hear but everyone else does.

Congrats Fayt. Feels good to get it out doesn't it. Smile

Congrats Big Grin I am still working on my coming out, so far I already told 2 of my good friends :biggrin:

Ahh, this is so great, congratulations man!!!! It must have been a little frustrating though, telling them and they're not surprised at all :d

Yea, I didn't even get the reaction of "Wait...what?". It definitely feels like a huge weight has been lifted. I think the only one having fun with this is my younger brother, he likes to point out guys for me lol.