Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had unprotected anal sex
fjp999 Wrote:If it is really bothering you and halting your life then you should get tested.

It would be pretty rare to have full blown AIDS without noticing any health issues but you could be a carrier or a number of things...

This is my advice... it may be a bit different but basically I think it is good for anyone who has ever had unprotected sex: Believe that you and or your partner has something and protect yourselves.

I always thought that I might be a carrier starting my sexuality in the mid 80s but I always had one partner for a long long time... so never tested...

I have other health issues and found a great doc and he asked me to test for HIV just to rule out any other issues and since I trusted him I went ahead and tested - Negative for everything!

You really have to do a lot of research into the current treatment and thoughts on it... treatment can save some peoples lives but it can also make one more sick. Would it make you feel better knowing that you DID come out positive... or just know that you will behave in a way of respect for yourself and your partner.

There really is a lot to consider. Testing or not testing, treating or not treating, knowing or not knowing... each must make up their own mind but do play safe!

AGREED

XyxthumbsXyxthumbsXyxthumbsXyxthumbsXyxthumbs

Thanks for the great advice people.

I'm at Uni so I am going to talk to the Uni nurse, there quite nice here and I'm not scare of chatting to them about it.

I think thats the first thing I am going to do.

I know I really need to sort this out as its messing up my sex life big time.

:heartline:

Coolies - let us know how you get on ok ??

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Star Twister Wrote:... HIV & AIDS isn't an issue anymore amongst gay men ...
How do you work that one out, Star Twister? 30% of all new infections in 2005 were among gay men. That looks pretty much like an issue to me. :confused:

The following information is taken from the THT web site

UK HIV statistics

HIV is the fastest growing serious health condition in the UK. These are some of the statistics:
  • Around 89,000 cases of HIV have been reported since the early 1980s
  • 17,597 people with HIV have died since the early 1980s
  • There were 7,450 new diagnoses in 2005
  • In 2006, it was estimated that 30% of people living with HIV did not know about their infection
  • Men living with HIV outnumber women who have HIV by 2:1
  • 43% of all new diagnoses of HIV in 2005 were in London
  • 30% of new HIV diagnoses in 2005 were among men who have sex with men

Okay Thanks for the stats......

I should have worded that a little better

What I meant is that I don't have an issue with a man who is HIV+ and neither dose anyone else I know

So that's what I meant when I say Men don't have an issue with HIV & AIDS

does that clear that up Marshy

Remybussi

Star Twister Wrote:Okay Thanks for the stats......

I should have worded that a little better

What I meant is that I don't have an issue with a man who is HIV+ and neither dose anyone else I know

So that's what I meant when I say Men don't have an issue with HIV & AIDS

does that clear that up Marshy

Remybussi
Of course. Apologies for misunderstanding. :redface:

Star Twister Wrote:Sorry just caught this post and.........

Some very good advice here sir........

May I suggest you take the test for self respect and those of others, I mean you are planning on having sex again, not unprotected but sex in general...... It's just good to know xxxxx

HIV & AIDS isn't an issue anymore amongst gay men

I wish you much love sir and hope find the courage

J

XXXXXX

This is gd advice to take onboard.. I know in Brighton we got 1 hour drop in test clinics so maybe ur have them as well in ur area

kind regards

Zeon x

marshlander Wrote:Of course. Apologies for misunderstanding. :redface:

No need to apologise my friend, tis my fault for not wording it better

Hope you are well

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The worrying thing sir, is that you say you are at uni now and this happened about 4 or 5 years ago

and you were having unprotected at such a young age.......

My point is the system must be failing if we can't teach our kids the basics about safe sex.

I'm glad you have decided to take a test, for what it's worth, it is actually quite difficult to catch the virus.....

Zeon we are very lucky here in Brighton, we have the Sussex Beacon who now is the only rest bite center in the country for men and women with HIV & AIDS they are constantly in need of donations to keep it open......

Oh and good to see a fellow Brightonian on here

lloll

xxxxxxx

Much love sir

S T

xxx

I believe he said he was drunk