Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want a happy ending.
Yesterday rummaging through my stuff I found a notebook from when I was 20 I began to read it and boy did I had a blast from the past, back then I was going through my second love, it was all so complicated, and we barely kissed twice.

It was... weird reading all my thoughts from back then, I loved that guy to dead would he had return my feelings in the same amount I would have fought everything and everyone to stay together with him, by the end I wrote something like "in ten years I'll be laughing of this." it did made me laugh but for the wrong reasons, what my old self was thinking when I wrote that is that in ten years I would have an awesome relationship and wouldn't even remember what'shisname.

I don't think I've changed much from that boy, I'm still the same green, innocent, hopeless romantic who believes that we all have soul-mates out there and that as long as I don't lose hope I will find him in the end.

Sadly, I'm nowhere near to find that man, it's still hard for me to socialize with guys, and still unthinkable for me to make the first move, I'm taking steps towards moving my life to the direction I want it to be, but I do wonder how much time do I have left before my expiration day comes and I cannot dream anymore?

My two past relationships ended because I was "too good" for them, aka, I wrote them poetry I sung for them I left chocolates and little details here and there, apparently you can love too much and that is a bad thing, because I was too trusting one cheated on me, and the other had a complicated childhood with an abusive father so whenever I was too good with him he pushed me away, both of them said the same thing in the end "You're too good for me, I cannot be the man you need, I'm too damaged you need to find someone who truly deserves you."

But then I'm doomed because I don't know how to love any other way, when I fall in love all my priorities shift themselves and I give myself completely, everything I do, is with the thought of our wellbeing together, making him smile becomes top priority for me, but now I'm scared, socializing with guys has always been hard for me, I feel more comfortable with straight guys, when I meet a gay guy i like I then to act a little cold and forget about making the first move.

In the end all I want is a man who wants to be love and it's able to love back, a man who truly wants to form a family with trust affection and communication, but for some reason those seem to hide from me, maybe I'm too ugly and I'm the one who doesn't notice lol
anyway sorry for the long rant, just needed to vent, I'll probably be just fine by tomorrow.

I'm not the romantic type. I would actually dislike my husbear making me poems or singing to me. I love it when he sings along and he has a great singing voice, it's not that. I hate poems in general. I just don't know how to respond to such romance.. All I wanna do is cuddle on the couch under a blanket with a cup of tea and my husbear wrapped around me. That's the romance I like.

I believe there's somebody out there for everybody too and I also believe it's not necesarily up to you when you meet that special somebody. Sure, you can try to speed it up by dating, but you'll most likely have a picture set in stone of what you're looking for and that will likely not be what you need or what will make you happy in the end. There's that song "Don't look for love, don't look for love, cause love will look for you.".

I'd really love to have my partner singing to me. Reading poem,well,I don't get them,but I'd appreciate it,just don't expect me to write back a poem. I will sing back though. I suppose you are too good for your exes? :confused:

I am romantic, chocolates, a partner to sing to me, poems and the like bring it on hehe Smile

The first thing that struck me after reading....you need to find a guy who likes the poetry...and being sung to. I would be very uncomfortable if someone did that to me because it isn't my "thing" and I would want to run away. I know alot of guys would have a similar reaction. I don't think you need to change who you are if you are being true to yourself but you need to find the guy who will truly appreciate these qualities.

I have been with my lover now for 28 years and the things that swept me off my feet and made me fall in love with him were spontaneous...and goofy...and sometimes awkward...and charming....and sincere. I would share them but I consider them private...just for us. The chemistry was...and still is...on fire.

...and chemistry is the key.

I don't think you should ever give up your dream if that is what you believe will happen but life is messy and at some point we all have to compromise and adjust and roll with it. I wish you success and hope you find your soul mate.

Anonymous Wrote:But then I'm doomed because I don't know how to love any other way, when I fall in love all my priorities shift themselves and I give myself completely, everything I do, is with the thought of our wellbeing together, making him smile becomes top priority for me, but now I'm scared, socializing with guys has always been hard for me, I feel more comfortable with straight guys, when I meet a gay guy i like I then to act a little cold and forget about making the first move.

I love your post and especially the attached song. Doing relationshipping changes us. There are hidden clues in our own testimonies. This last LONG quoted sentence says a great deal but what it does not say openly is what speaks to me most poignantly. After rereading it I watched the vid and how Janet's message was about an attitude promoted by belief. What belief does this last quoted sentence profess versus what the experience offers in terms of growth and the natural change? If we take care with the matter we become empowered and can influence directly and indirectly how we change and grow. If we simply go through the motions or fly by the seat of our pants we endure and/or tolerate whatever gets dealt in the cards. I challenge you to look deeper and declare your intent specifically, knowing you can change it as you go along but at least it is clear and in your own BEST interest not just what you might initially or "blindly" think to choose first. Getting help with it can be productive too!

Again, thanks for the song it says much about your capacity and ability. Possibly more than your own words themselves. You have such value and your sketch makes me smile about you with warm wishes. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

The world without romantic individuals would be a much duller place.

Like you I'm a romantic, though to be fair whenever I try to sing to my SO he usually throws a cushion at me while the cat puts her paws over her ears!

My SO is not romantic, and sometimes that makes me feel like "why do I bother" sometimes. I guess I do it because it makes me feel good inside Smile

Maybe we should start a romantic dating agency, where you can't join until you've proved that your romantic. Ah I can always dream....

ObW
X

No problem... happy ending fortune cookies are sold to your closest Chinese restaurant... go for it lol

Jake Wrote:No problem... happy ending fortune cookies are sold to your closest Chinese restaurant... go for it lol

You're quite blunt with replies I like it haha
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Cuddly Wrote:I'm not the romantic type. I would actually dislike my husbear making me poems or singing to me. I love it when he sings along and he has a great singing voice, it's not that. I hate poems in general. I just don't know how to respond to such romance.. All I wanna do is cuddle on the couch under a blanket with a cup of tea and my husbear wrapped around me. That's the romance I like.

East Wrote:The first thing that struck me after reading....you need to find a guy who likes the poetry...and being sung to. I would be very uncomfortable if someone did that to me because it isn't my "thing" and I would want to run away. I know alot of guys would have a similar reaction. I don't think you need to change who you are if you are being true to yourself but you need to find the guy who will truly appreciate these qualities.

Lol guys I didn't do this things out of the blue, both of them knew I like to write and sing, L was always liking and commenting on my youtube channel and C was always asking if i had wrote anything new

L (the cheater) even used to ask me to sing to him everynight by phone before going to sleep.

Anyway, thank you guys, I'm all better now =)