Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want him back
my Bf of 2 years broke up with me. I know he is the one, and things just got way out of hand. we were living together for a year but in april I lost my job and his hours got cut to 10 a week and with the stress of money and just spending way to much time together we kinda fell out of love and he left me. we are still very attracted to each other but he says he doesnt want to be in a relationship anymore. I know he still has love for me and Ill never meet anyone like him. how can I get him back?

The best thing you can probably do right now, since there is enmity between you, is to let him go free... If you love him, you'll want his happiness even if it is at the cost of your togetherness. It sounds like either your relationship has outlived itself, or you two just need a momentary break.

Maybe this is a time when he feels inadequate because he cannot vent his frustrations without hurting you and himself by being in this mood. Generally things work out better when you can talk them out, without getting angry, and making sure that both sides get to say their arguments, reasons and current positions. If you could encourage him to tell you what's gone wrong and not get upset, then he might tell you. But I don't know him and I don't know if he'll be able to word things in such a way that he'll feel relieved, and in such a way that you'll understand his motivations.

Maybe after this time of being alone you will either decide it's time to move on, or time to get back together again and give your relationship another go. Maybe you will have managed to function individually better and you'll find that it's best to live separately and still be friends. You're the only two people who can actually work this out. We don't know you and so it's really difficult to have any insight into what finally broke up between you. It might be the worry of financial burden, and of not being able to cope (so maybe his leaving is a cop out), or maybe this is a question of male pride over male attachment.

The last reason that springs to mind, is that he's found somebody else (although I cannot be sure of this) and that he was looking for a reason to break up with you but didn't have the courage to tell you that was the reason. In which case, you should, for your own peace of mind and mental health, let him go... No point in hanging on. Grieve the loss of him, grieve the loss of your relationship but please don't blame yourself. Put it down to fate, or the turning of the wheel of fortune.

Please stay around and tell us how you are coping with him being away from you, day by day. It may be a time to try and focus on getting another job, or another activity to fill your life with, maybe go into training?
Is your family able to help you at this difficult moment?
All the best
PA

just wanted to update this. we talked things out and were back together, although I did move out and were gonna take a step back with the relationship. unfortunately we did kinda fall out of love during this but we both agree that we have something special, so were gonna try again. wish us luck.

but i am still looking for some new friends. Smile

ninia22 Wrote:just wanted to update this. we talked things out and were back together, although I did move out and were gonna take a step back with the relationship. unfortunately we did kinda fall out of love during this but we both agree that we have something special, so were gonna try again. wish us luck.

but i am still looking for some new friends. Smile

awwwwww hope all goes well. We're all looking for freinds, my friend xxx