Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to break this friendship right away...
hmm eh yeah I don't want to break this friendship.

may you can go a way without tell him that you don´t like him. I think its a bit problematic to end up a "friendship" with someone .. who has nothing done as "being there and living" *G

Be friendly .. be nice ... answer his calls in a not binding way .. don´t tell something about yourself ... and if he asks something .. be short and friendly. And I think after a more or less short time he gets boring on you. And he is the one who ends this friendship on his own decision.

I know how you must feel. It can be difficult to find a way to break a friendship without making him feel bad and coming across as the bad guy, especially because this guy has a disability. It seems that our society places an automatic assumption of victimhood on the disabled and thus gives them more sympathy than we would give a non-disabled person.

Having said that, I really cannot say what would be the easiest way to break this off. After all, no one LIKES being told that they don't want to be heard from or seen again (this is what breaking a friendship amounts to). The only thing you can do is either (A) cut off communication with him and he will eventually stop talking to you (this works for me), or (B) tell him yourself. To be honest, the choice is really yours.

Its up to you who your friends are.
I'd personally tell him i'm gay and that they're obviously not as bad as he thinks they are.
If that didn't change his veiws, i'd be blunt and tell him he simply isn't worthy of being my friend if he can't treat everyone with respect.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

*sighs* this is a tough one because I know how you feel when new friends start to get creepy. Happened to me with a friend I met at work.

Sadly it's one of those situations where cruelty is kindness, as something about him obviously has you on guard. It's easy to give advice but I know how hard it is to be firm and slightly mean with people; I guess you could say it's a sign you have your feelings intact. If you want to do things the easy way he'll probably get the picture after you don't return his calls. The more kickass approach would be to go in guns blazing and tell him you're gay and don't think it would work out. This is one of those where you know what you have to do, I just don't envy the action.

Let it work itself out.

Not relevant anymore, this is not an issue anymore.

It seems you have already given him the brush off, albeit it may not have been effective. But I would be striaght forward. I would tell him I am gay and that announcement should be sufficient considering he is a homophobe. If that doesn't work, then be cold; just drop those sincere feelings of unrequited friendship on his lap. He'll be shocked but he'll deal with!

Yeah, it was about a friend who I thought was homophobic. I still kinda believe he is, but eh...

Cutieboy Wrote:... However, I'm not gonna break this friendship with Orlando. He's a real cool guy.
Established habits sometimes take a while to break. Give him time and keep up some gentle pressure to play nicely and, hopefully, he'll get it eventually. If that fails you might end up resorting to a more direct approach.

My friend heard that I was gay. Apparently, he didn't get upset over it... he actually called me. Yeah and he's not a bad guy at all.