Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to go to Canada
And I need a city to convince my parents to go to with me to since I'm not financially independent Tongue

I'm thinking that Calgary would be amazing, but I personally want to go to Yellowknife or Grand Prairie. My mom wants to go to Vancouver and my dad would be fine as long as there was a place to fish nearby.

Here's a list of cities that I'm thinking would be good for a vacation (not considering budget)-
Yellowknife
Whitehorse
Vancouver
Grand Prairie
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatoon
Winnipeg
Kenora (relatively close to Minnesota so not a super long drive)
Thunder Bay
Sudbury
St. John's
Halifax

If I could get the funding, I would be ecstatic to do a summer long trip in Yellowknife because I find that city to be beyond fascinating. But my parents would never fund that XD

Arkansota Wrote:And I need a city to convince my parents to go to with me to since I'm not financially independent Tongue

I'm thinking that Calgary would be amazing, but I personally want to go to Yellowknife or Grand Prairie. My mom wants to go to Vancouver and my dad would be fine as long as there was a place to fish nearby.

Here's a list of cities that I'm thinking would be good for a vacation (not considering budget)-
Yellowknife
Whitehorse
Vancouver
Grand Prairie
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatoon
Winnipeg
Kenora (relatively close to Minnesota so not a super long drive)
Thunder Bay
Sudbury
St. John's
Halifax

If I could get the funding, I would be ecstatic to do a summer long trip in Yellowknife because I find that city to be beyond fascinating. But my parents would never fund that XD

Have you consider the possibility to work for a summer in Canada? I would recommend Banff near Calgary in the Canadian Rockies. Many places do some hiring end of february/march via skype and normally when you find a job you find a place to live. I would recommend visiting Brewster website. You could be working at the top of a gondola or an Icefield and you could get free tours for your family and friends troughtout the Rockies because brewster is the main travelling company in western Canada. I used to work for 4 summers there and I met peoples from France, Australia, New Zeland, England, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, all of them got a working visa.

If you consider travelling with your parents I would consider a vancouver -calgary road trip.
Saskatoon and Winnipeg are nice cities but normally are not on the top of the list for visiting.

What tips do you need? I know quite well my country. I'm probably one the best guy to help you out with your project to come visit Canada. So if you have any question just ask.

Best places to see in canada (according to me so really not scientific)
1. Canadian Rockies
2. Vancouver & Howe sound & BC Interior
3. New Foundland
4. Yukon
5. Maritime circle
6 Canada's main street (Niagara fall to Québec city)
7. Québec trip including Gaspésia

Montreal......

ME TOO. But ti's so far from here.

Canada, to me, is captivating. I LOVE the wild Northern reputation that the country has, but I want to see a different side of it. I want to see how people thrive in these environments that are so different from where I grew up (Minnesota)

Rareboy Wrote:Montreal......
When I think of Canada, I think of a country that is composed primarily of untamed land. That's the side of Canada I want to see.

^ I don't want to break it to you....but a lot of Canada and Canadians are pretty much like you grew up with in Minnesota.

That is why I'm suggesting Montreal....or definitely Halifax and the province of Nova Scotia....although a visit to PEI and Newfoundland would introduce you to very unique places and people too.

Rareboy Wrote:^ I don't want to break it to you....but a lot of Canada and Canadians are pretty much like you grew up with in Minnesota.

That is why I'm suggesting Montreal....or definitely Halifax and the province of Nova Scotia....although a visit to PEI and Newfoundland would introduce you to very unique places and people too.

Minnesota may resemble parts of Canada in some ways, but from what I've seen there isn't an area of Canada that looks exactly like Minnesota and since I am able to notice small differences in the environment and terrain, I would still see any place I would go to in Canada as a fresh new experience.

Plus, my goal is to start by visiting Yellowknife, which is completely different from Minnesota in almost every way.

Trust me. You can give Kenora, Thunder Bay and Sudbury a miss.

Rareboy Wrote:Trust me. You can give Kenora, Thunder Bay and Sudbury a miss.

I believe that those cities deserve to be given a chance. I love visiting places that few people want to go to.

I've never seen Canada as being that great. I don't hate living here but I'm far from in love with it. Montreal is an amazing city. We take weekend vacations there from time to time. Toronto is great too.