Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I write a book now I need help
Hy I'm Ovidiu , I'm from Romania and I write a book, its a jurnal about a gay love, its a true story and its very tragic. I send the manuscris to edit in Romania but they call me back and say that they can't publish something like this in Romania. After that someone from that publishing house call me and say that he relly like the book, but for now in Romania the subject its a big issue, and he told me to send the manuscris out side our contry. Can anybody help me with something?
Thanks.

Is your novel translated in English??

There was a guy here who posted a thread a few months ago saying he was looking for a gay novel and maybe publish. Make a forum search and see what you find , i will search for it later when i got time. However be cautious, its not uncommon people stealing other people's work for quick profit.

Best way to move forward with this in London is to find a literary agent to publish your book which is not as straight forward as it sounds. Other than you can use google to find them and try to call them directly. Check what publishers work with the genre of your book and contact them first! Keep us posted, i am interested to see how it goes.

Also be careful about retaining your intellectual property rights over the book. I'm not sure as to the best way to do this, but maybe someone can advise?

Good luck anyway and I'm sorry to hear Romania is so shite! Smile

thanks for the answer. I find some literary agents on the internet but they all what money first. If you'll find something I'll be more then happy. And yes, its transled in english.

There was a guy here who posted a thread a few months ago saying he was looking for a gay novel and maybe publish. Make a forum search and see what you find , i will search for it later when i got time. However be cautious, its not uncommon people stealing other people's work for quick profit.

Best way to move forward with this in London is to find a literary agent to publish your book which is not as straight forward as it sounds. Other than you can use google to find them and try to call them directly. Check what publishers work with the genre of your book and contact them first! Keep us posted, i am interested to see how it goes.[/quote]

Yep literary agents ask for money before they do anything and they give no guarantee either.

You should be careful before you agree on anything, copyright your work (dont ask me how is so confusing to me! if you know more about this i d like to hear). Read the terms and conditions and make sure you understand every tiny bit written on it before you sign anything.

Here is the thread i told you about : http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424
What you can do is message him, let him reply before you send anything.

Best way to take action:
Search on the internet for published gay novels and take the details of the publishers, email them or better talk in phone. Even if they dont publish your book they might give you other information you maybe find useful and will lead you to someone who can help. However make sure your translation in English is good, preferably by a professional , they are fussy with that and will make a good first impression.

For the copyright thing - I read somewhere recently ( I also did a wiki on pineapples yesterday - pine cones used to be called pineapples!! anyway I digress.....) that its enough to post a copy of your manuscript to yourself so that in court you can hand over the sealed envelope containing your work with a postmark for date reference...

I learned this from the net and it may be untrue but worth a go ..I do it on valentines day.