Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IKEA floor plan
Isn't this so true?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hee hee... It is a good thing that the nearest IKEA is a long drive away. I love wandering through there and getting lost in the maze.

It's odd to me that many do not like IKEA but that everything I have ever gotten from there has performed perfectly and given me no trouble at all.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't think I have ever seen an IKEA store...certainly have never been in one.

I like antiques and I like comfort and the things I have seen with the IKEA name on them are nothing I am attracted to....

East Wrote:I don't think I have ever seen an IKEA store...certainly have never been in one.

I like antiques and I like comfort and the things I have seen with the IKEA name on them are nothing I am attracted to....

That's OK East, not everyone is in to modern Swedish design. The irony of IKEA is that they produce well designed, modern furniture and pride themselves on even the smallest item is well designed but their stores are all the same and all so badly designed that it really is like walking through a maze.

The whole entire Ikea store is just one giant show room, highlighting different products. When you go to buy something, its at the end of the show room in a giant warehouse. Once in the warehouse, you have to find it, then go to cash register and pay for it. So yes the picture is accurate and funny, but everything you need is always at the end in the giant warehouse.

CuriousPhoenix Wrote:The whole entire Ikea store is just one giant show room, highlighting different products. When you go to buy something, its at the end of the show room in a giant warehouse. Once in the warehouse, you have to find it, then go to cash register and pay for it. So yes the picture is accurate and funny, but everything you need is always at the end in the giant warehouse.

Not only that but you have to be 100% sure that you have the right thing because if you get it home, unpack it and find that it isn't, yes, you can return it but because you unpackedd it, 35% is deducted from the purchase price.

Looks about right to me * rolls eyes *

I don't think the floor plan is badly designed at all. It is meant to lead a customer past all the merchandise and also to show realistic settings of the items in use. The more direct mass displays are located at then end of the path.l You can always go "IN" the "EXIT" and straight to customer service and ask for a specific item.

I find the place interesting because I like to look at ideas and daydream about them as I shop there. Not all of the design appeals, but a number of things hve come in handy in my Arts & Crafts style bungalow. I also enjoy using the practical items that IKEA has, such as kitchen shears, tea lights, candles, dish towels and some lighting. No one store will ever have it all.
I bid NO Trump!

The only thing missing on the plan is the alligator filled moat at the cash-out desks, the Swedish meatball filled kids' room and the place where you get all the little hardware bits that are missing from the last piece you bought there.

Looll True, but I still love them.