Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IKEA floor plan
^ I love this ad.

East Wrote:I don't think I have ever seen an IKEA store...certainly have never been in one.

I like antiques and I like comfort and the things I have seen with the IKEA name on them are nothing I am attracted to....

Hey East, There is one in Palo Alto. If you have a few hours to kill one day it is worth the trip just to look around at all the stuff. I have noticed more items with a vintage look to them lately. We go at least twice a year just to look around.
It's no Alameda point Antique Fair but it is fun.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

Cute . . . . . . . . .

CarGuy65 Wrote:Hey East, There is one in Palo Alto. If you have a few hours to kill one day it is worth the trip just to look around at all the stuff. I have noticed more items with a vintage look to them lately. We go at least twice a year just to look around.
It's no Alameda point Antique Fair but it is fun.

Oh yeah...I do remember seeing it I think...

Can you see it when you are driving on 101?

Funny thing...I like Scandinavian Mid Century design a lot...I like the clean lines...and I saw a couple of things from IKEA yesterday afternoon in Salinas at a thrift store and they had a similar design aesthetic. I like Art Deco the best.... and some Art Nouveau... more than the Mid Century Design but at least yesterday I did appreciate it on some level...probably thanks to this thread.

I couldn't have survived without IKEA. We have used their stuff in my offices, and for storage shelving etc.

Of course, if I didn't hang on to all the shit...I probably could have done without about 50% of it.

Ikea furniture is fine, until you have to move it. It is never the same afterwards.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Ikea furniture is fine, until you have to move it. It is never the same afterwards.

Why? What happens to it?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams