Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iain Banks
Iain Banks today lost his battle with cancer. Iain was a great authour. RIP
An eye for an eye

saw it in the news and I was like 'WHO?" then I read the list of books he wrote and then I was like 'WHO?"

Even though I have never heard of him, RIP

Oh no, I loved that guy. I really enjoy reading his Culture Series novels, they are great works of science fiction. Heck, I'd say his Culture Series made him a philosopher. I'll have to finish reading them, and maybe check out his non science fiction works, now that he died.
I hope his wife is OK, he told her when he was diagnosed with less than a year left to live. "Would you do me the honour of becoming my widow? Sorry, but we find ghoulish humour helps." - Iain Banks.
It helps indeed Iain, it helps indeed. I'll miss you Iain M Banks.

"Would you do me the humour of becoming my widow? Sorry, but we find ghoulish humour helps." - Iain Banks.

That is SO not goulish at all.

That is absolutely romantic!!!!

One of my ex-friends with benefits asked me one time...
Since you're so "dark", what would you consider a very romantic gesture?

I didn't even hesitate, I told him if a man walked up to me and gave me a black rose...
I would know he's someone I need to know.

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Would you do me the humour of becoming my widow? Sorry, but we find ghoulish humour helps." - Iain Banks.

That is SO not goulish at all.

That is absolutely romantic!!!!

One of my ex-friends with benefits asked me one time...
Since you're so "dark", what would you consider a very romantic gesture?

I didn't even hesitate, I told him if a man walked up to me and gave me a black rose...
I would know he's someone I need to know.

Sorry, that's honour, or honor. I was trying to respect him being Scottish by spelling honor as honour and I guess it came out as humour.

Chase Wrote:Sorry, that's honour, or honor. I was trying to respect him being Scottish by spelling honor as honour and I guess it came out as humour.

No prob.

Still ROMANTIC!!!