Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxer James Hawley issues response to homophobic TikTok video
[Image: james-hawley.png]

Just one day after a TikTok video of James Hawley making homophobic remarks went viral, the British boxer has issued a video apology to the queer community.

Hawley came under immediate fire for his remarks, in which he blasted gay men and transgender people as “dirty c*nts.” The video went viral on social media after former Drag Race UK queen Baga Chipz posted it to Twitter. In less that 24 hours, Hawley was dropped by his management company.

Now Hawley has taken to social media again, this time posting an apology to Instagram. Though his account is set to private, another drag queen, Jolene Dover, posted the video to Twitter.

“Last night I’d hit a brick wall,” Hawley said, “and had enough of all the messages and disgusting, disturbing images that I was being sent by a few members of the gay community and I lashed out and said a few things I didn’t mean. I have friends who are gay and I have a cousin who is gay – I never meant anything by it and I’m sorry to who I offended.”

“At the same time, he added, “how would you like it if members of the gay public on a day-to-day basis sent you inappropriate videos and messages, basically abusing you.” Hawley went on to claim that he was unfairly dismissed by his management company, and begged them to reconsider. He also said he could offer proof that the gay community was harassing him.

Though he claims he acted in anger, nothing in Hawley’s original remarks alludes to any kind of harassment. “Listen, I can understand girls getting with each-other all the time in parties and all things like that,” Hawley ranted in the original video. “I don’t care. I haven’t got a problem. I’d want them to get with each other in front of me. But boys, on the other hand, and transgenders, something seriously wrong with them. What in the earth makes you wanna change your gender and get f*cked in the ass.”

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Ugh. Just . . . ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Can we please just ban tiktoc already? It's owned by the Chinese government, and non-Chinese social media apps like Facebook aren't allowed in mainland China. Even if you don't care about being spied on by the Chinese government, it's not fair that their social media apps are allowed to make money outside China while our social media companies can't in China.
[-] The following 2 members Like Chase's post:
  • InbetweenDreams, James

(07-24-2020, 05:31 PM)Chase Wrote: Ugh. Just . . . ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Can we please just ban tiktoc already? It's owned by the Chinese government, and non-Chinese social media apps like Facebook aren't allowed in mainland China. Even if you don't care about being spied on by the Chinese government, it's not fair that their social media apps are allowed to make money outside China while our social media companies can't in China.

Not to mention the propaganda they like to push through both versions of tiktok (douyin).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!