Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icons of your life
Sam Beam, Rob Swire, Michael Sandison, Marcus Eoin. I really like music more than just about anything.

Globwhore IAN MCKELLEN. I mean REALLY.

he is GANDALF and MAGNETO. TWO FAMOUS AND IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN THE FICTIONAL WORLD. He landed these parts as a gay man. They let a gay man be MAGNETO. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW BADASS HE IS?

[Image: gandalf-ian-mckellen.jpeg]

[Image: 6b55ffabc1f22a1b96e1e2beab24d39f.jpeg]

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

Not sure if they are really icons but there are a few who changed the way I saw life or other things such as:

William S. Burroughs - the only author I really understood deeply, not just as words on a book but as a full body experience.

Andy Warhol - as a painter, film maker, artist, etc - pretty much the same. Made me see film, paintings/silk screenings in another way, feeling etc.

David Bowie - see above.

There are many more who have impressed/changed me greatly, Laurie Anderson - saw a couple hours of her America show and I could not speak for a weak (literally)... I miss having a Museum of Modern Art in town to visit as I am always leaving smiling/shaking with joy... the creativity of some is just crazy... Bjork... UGH cant stop...

A lot of famous people, I'm a fan of Britney and Madonna (and Michael Jackson), I'm a fan of Leonardo da Vinci (and lots of his contemporaneous... I'm crazy, but It's true), David Lachapelle and Nadar, JRR Tolkien, etc etc etc... And a lot of fictional carachters.
Artists, musicians, intellectual, directors, and some scientists...

But... My grandmother is the person who I respect more. The only person who has had my sincere and true respect even in the worst period in my life.
She is absolutly great, she had seen everything, the poverty, the death of her mother when she was young (and the first of ten brothers...), the war etc, she has one tenth of my cultural knowledge, but she has the experience, the wisdom, the strenght to face everything. I never see her cry, nor when my grandfather, her half for tens of years dies... Because our, all the other friends and relate were crying.
Even though she is very polite, tender and altruist.

Gandhi
[Image: Gandhi_smiling_R.jpg]

Jesus
[Image: images-of-jesus.jpg]

Martin Luther King
[Image: Martin-Luther-King-Jr-9365086-2-402.jpg]

Abraham Lincoln
[Image: 121108_HIST_Lincoln.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg]