Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identity politics
I believe that identity politics are the reason why race relations in the US are becoming a little strained. I hate to say it, but there are some people who believe that not voting for Obama because he's biracial is racist. And a lot of people use labels like African American that make it sound like they identify mostly as African and only partially as American. That's not helping. People like Al Sharpton are ridiculed because they seem to only care about their own ethnicity. Yeah, I don't know why Al Sharpton thinks he's the victim of racism when his message is off putting to those who cannot personally relate to his experiences.

Its simple: Theres still much racism in the world, and no matter what there always will be. Im not at all racist myself, everyone is equal in my mind. Though, again im not at all racist, a lot of black people did go overboard in defending Tryavon Martin (Who was indeed guilty, face it, he was hopped up on drugs and Zimmerman had the right to kill him in self defense Confused). But white people can go overboard to, like how some treat black people like absolute crap. Its a disgrace, some people even beat up blacks just for being black. Bottom line...racism will never be completely gone.