Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can only eat bad stuff and have no idea how to change
I'm not really fat, but could already qualify as slightly overweight, I think.
I don't feel well with being chubby, especially around my belly and ass, and especially not on hot summer days... however I am bad in sports, I always feel like people laugh about me when I move in public (a childhood trauma) and I dislike vegetables and fruit because it makes my belly feel weird. I don't want to cook, any attempt resulted in having to throw the stuff away, and I don't like warm food that much anyway.

So what I usually eat is mostly white bread, pizza, meat, cheese, salmon, tuna, ham, chocolate, chips, crackers, burgers, fries, you name it... fast food, more or less. It's no work, no waste of money and time in case something goes wrong with preparation, I can keep it for days and eat it right out of the package, that's how I like it.

I feel extremely uncomfortable with buying fresh food, I have less trust in fresh fruit or vegetables than in packed factory food. I'd rather eat pure chemistry than something from nature, because I don't trust nature.

Well, I know that's not very good. And these days it's even worse, because I have quite some stress going on, so I eat more "nerve food" (chocolate, chips) and because of my sexual problems and being lonely, I try to console myself with cake and ice cream and and and....
it's the only bodily pleasure I can have, because my orgasms aren't very enjoyable.

But of course, the more trash I eat, the further I'm away from being hot, further away from finding a man.

But "healthy food" is so depressing for me that it makes me wanna cry. I really despise the taste of salad or raw vegetables and fruits, it also makes my stomach feel uncomfortable.

Anyway, I have no idea how to help myself, but I feel like I have to act before I'm getting over 100 kilos. I just wanna cry, either way, looking into the mirror or at the thought of eating healthy, but at least with trash food I can have at least some bodily pleasure, which I can't have with eating healthy... :-(

You've done a good job in detecting that your food consumption has a huge psychological component to it.

The main thing is your need for instant gratification versus delayed gratification. You have a poor diet, and this makes you feel bad, which makes you eat more bad food than your body really needs. Delayed gratification means you are willing to make sacrifices now for a payoff in the future. Eating well and exercising really is its own reward.

If you set a goal, then you have a reason to switch to delayed gratification. Make it an achievable goal in a reasonable time frame.

Your body would take some time to adjust to any diet changes. Just because fresh food is unfamiliar to your digestive tract now doesn't mean it will always be that way. if you begin to incorporate fresh food in your diet, your digestive flora in your body will shift and be able to process this good food. In time with a complete makeover in your diet, the junk food will be the stuff giving you stomach aches and the good food will make you feel great.

Fruits and vegetables can be consumed in so many ways. If you don't like certain salads, don't eat them, but find another way. You can still have a good diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables without 1 or 2 kinds of salads.

Your body is a perfect reflection of your habits. It is extremely adaptable. If you don't like the way your body looks, you have to change your habits. It took time to get to the state you are in now, and it will take time for your new habits to show.

Maybe juicing will appeal to you. This documentary is a fascinating look at the experience of 8 people eating nothing but juice for 4 weeks. It's a little extreme, but it's what they needed to do to break the bad habits. I encourage you to watch it all the way through.

Camfer has some good thoughts. It is not easy to switch things around but you seem like you want to try.

You might try fruits in smoothies or vegetables in soups pureed in the blender. Cook nearly any vegetable and then blend with some chicken or beef both in the blender and, depending on the vegetable, a little mik or cream to make an easy to handle soup.

It also sounds like your stomach is not used to fiber. Try eating your sandwiches with whole wheat bread. Oatmeal is a good way to get some fiber and you can add a spoonful of jam to sweeten it and a little milk. Fast foods don't have much fiber and that may be way makes you stomach feel strange when you eat fruits and vegetables. Get used to it gradually and your tastes may change.

Eventually you may want to talk to a doctor about all of this.

As for getting exercise to help you shape up, try walking as much as you possibly can. Aim for at least a half hour per day, maybe not all at once, but you will find it is more and more enjoyable as you get ued to it.
I bid NO Trump!

Sorry, Anon, that should be chicken or beef BROTH in the fourth line above. Or you can just dissolve some bouillon cubes to get pretty much the same.

You say you eat: white bread, pizza, meat, cheese, salmon, tuna, ham, chocolate, chips, crackers, burgers, fries, , well the ones in red can be OK in small quantities. One burger once in a while instead of the triple stack with glom sauce and extra cheese every day. Portions of tuna, meat and ham the size of your fist and maybe a baked potato once in a while but easy on the butter and toppings. The trouble with fast food is that you get too many extras. Vary what you eat. Try simple cooking at home and you can eat well and avoid the stuff you really don't want to have gaining you weight.

I will now shut up because I can get pretty mouthy about this stuff.

Ask questions if you like.
I bid NO Trump!

Anonymous Wrote:I'm not really fat, but could already qualify as slightly overweight, I think.
I don't feel well with being chubby, especially around my belly and ass, and especially not on hot summer days... however I am bad in sports, I always feel like people laugh about me when I move in public (a childhood trauma) and I dislike vegetables and fruit because it makes my belly feel weird. I don't want to cook, any attempt resulted in having to throw the stuff away, and I don't like warm food that much anyway.

So what I usually eat is mostly white bread, pizza, meat, cheese, salmon, tuna, ham, chocolate, chips, crackers, burgers, fries, you name it... fast food, more or less. It's no work, no waste of money and time in case something goes wrong with preparation, I can keep it for days and eat it right out of the package, that's how I like it.

I feel extremely uncomfortable with buying fresh food, I have less trust in fresh fruit or vegetables than in packed factory food. I'd rather eat pure chemistry than something from nature, because I don't trust nature.

Well, I know that's not very good. And these days it's even worse, because I have quite some stress going on, so I eat more "nerve food" (chocolate, chips) and because of my sexual problems and being lonely, I try to console myself with cake and ice cream and and and....
it's the only bodily pleasure I can have, because my orgasms aren't very enjoyable.

But of course, the more trash I eat, the further I'm away from being hot, further away from finding a man.

But "healthy food" is so depressing for me that it makes me wanna cry. I really despise the taste of salad or raw vegetables and fruits, it also makes my stomach feel uncomfortable.

Anyway, I have no idea how to help myself, but I feel like I have to act before I'm getting over 100 kilos. I just wanna cry, either way, looking into the mirror or at the thought of eating healthy, but at least with trash food I can have at least some bodily pleasure, which I can't have with eating healthy... :-(

Not everything you listed is bad for you. Meat, cheese, tuna and salmon aren't bad for you... If you can avoid red meats, processed meats (lunch meats, hot dogs, bologna, etc) and go with leaner meats.

Eating healthier doesn't mean eating rabbit food and only rabbit food... Me I pretty much have to start eating rabbit food and not only due to my weight.

Your stomach feels uncomfortable because your body isn't used to the fiber you're taking in. You probably are like me and get a lot of gas from it, that will actually subside over time.

I don't know why you don't trust nature... processed foods are pretty gross if you see how the stuff is made... chemicals...I think it is the context of man made versus natural. Everything is a chemical, the question is does it occur in nature... Yellow 5, Blue Lake 1, and so on aren't natural of origin, which is why a good bit of processed foods are bad.

Not going to advocate juicing, it is a short term fix to lose weight but you can pretty much expect to gain it all right back once you stop juicing (or most any "diet" for that matter) once you go back to your old ways.

So weight management and overall health require a lifestyle change. I suggest doing things in phases. For me, I quit drinking soda...been about 9 months... December makes it a year. The next thing now is to cut out snacks and junk food...and eat leaner. Not going on a GMO / organic rant but here's what I think. It is mostly smoke and mirrors, there are pesticides on everything, fresh, canned, fast food... There's no definitive links between GMO's and cancer or anything else for that matter. Just wash the stuff, not to get pesticides off, but who knows who's had their fingers all over it.

Lifestyle change. You're probably not going to want to hear this, but you need not to go on a diet you need to simply change what you eat as part of a lifestyle change. You're unlikely to be successful trying to go jogging 4-5 times a week and eat oatmeal and salads all the time, you're going to get burned out. Don't think of anything as a diet and don't to cheat days, nothing wrong going to a BBQ with friends and having some burgers and pulled pork every now and then.

As far as vegetables go, have you tried cooking them? You know you can make something like a stir fry with cooked vegetables and meat and seasonings, sauces...makes it much more tasty and still healthy.

The other thing, and this being some advice I need to follow, is how much and how quickly you eat... Do you eat slowly or are you like me and inhale your food. Simply put, just chew your food, I think it is recommended to chew about 25 times each bite...this slows you down and gives your stomach time to signal back that you're full. This will also help with any indigestion, heart burn that you might have. The ultimate thing is that you end up eating less and that's not changing your food.

The other thing to keep an eye on especially if you're suddenly putting on weight without changing what you eat and lifestyle is to check your fasting glucose and A1C.

At any rate I would try to incorporate some vegetables with food you already enjoy, either as a side dish or part of the meal in some manner. I wouldn't suggest a drastic change in what you eat, you're just setting up yourself for failure.

So the questions I have are what veggies have your tried, how did you prepare them, what you didn't like about them... details. This is so I and other can give you ideas on how to prepare them. Since you don't like to cook you can also consider the deli section and look for pre packaged meals that are reasonably healthy.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Make no mistake changing your entire lifestyle is a massive undertaking. Ignore all the recipe advice for now. You need to break this challenge down into tiny bitesized pieces.

I recommend starting by Instilling one simple rule that you can follow even on your worst days, when you're feeling low.

Personally I recommend that you stop drinking soft drinks or go outside at least once a day.

Sugary drinks don't provide the same emotional comfort that junkfood does so they're easier to part with.

Simply walking outside will raise your mood. Crucially you should set no minimum amount of exercise at all. All that matters is that you walked outside.

Finally here's a handy cheat. Always eat something just before you go food shopping it'll be alot easier to resist temptation.

Good Luck buddy.

About cooking, wasting food snd buying fresh vegetables..

Curry and sweet chili (seperately..) are some of my favourite dishes.
They can be made in portions large enough for me to eat it for 3 meals. They are tasty and they are super easy.
All it takes is rice, chicken or pork and a sauce. You can add more, if you want, such as mango chutney, cashews and banana for the curry.
I buy boil in bag rice and a finished sauce (typically uncle ben's). You can even buy the meat cut in bite size. As I wrote, I love the above dishes and they're super easy. Give those a try, if you haven't already.

And buying fast food is expensive!! You can save serious money if you shop groceries right and manage your leftovers well.

Since when is cheese bad for you? Foolish people.

Attractiveness is not just about your figure and what you eat. (It is for superficial people, but being with/around those superficial people is not something so fun, so it's not much of a loss). It's much much more in the way you carry yourself, and in the way you connect with other men. This is true in my case, at least.

I would never reject a man who is attractive to me with his personality and bearing, because of some physical aesthetic flaws he might have. What kind of people do that anyway? You don't exchange genuine connection with a man for something as superficial as looks. That is insane and going backwards.

Eating bad will adversely affect your health. But that isn't something that is too much of an issue until you're in your 40s or 50s.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

It should be about being healthy and happy, not to be a people pleaser... You need to always love yourself first!
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!