Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If hetrosexuals are "straight"
then why aren't homosexuals "crooked"?

If homosexuals insist on calling themselves "gay"· then please suggest a new name for hetrosexuals. "Glums"? "Glooms"? "Grims"? "Graves"? "Greys"?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Where does the word 'Straight' come from does anyone know? Just wondering.

Well some people refer to homosexuals as being BENT too... a referrence maybe to the one taking it from the topping partner? (bend over and I'll give you what for!)?
So maybe straight means the contrary of BENT, ie the one who's topping, who adopts the active attitude in the coupling.

LONDONER Wrote:then why aren't homosexuals "crooked"?

If homosexuals insist on calling themselves "gay"· then please suggest a new name for hetrosexuals. "Glums"? "Glooms"? "Grims"? "Graves"? "Greys"?

They are already referred to as BREEDERS, even if they don't have any posterity... Confusedmiley-eating-icecr

princealbertofb Wrote:They are already referred to as BREEDERS

i hate that word so much lol

I agree, Meg, it's not a very nice word... at least, not the way it's used....
It makes it sound like their only purpose is to produce more meat rather than create a new human being (in itself a wonder :biggrinSmile.

princealbertofb Wrote:I agree, Meg, it's not a very nice word... at least, not the way it's used....
It makes it sound like their only purpose is to produce more meat rather than create a new human being (in itself a wonder :biggrinSmile.

also not all straight people are capable of having children . or want to . but for the ones who can't , "breeder" is an especially horrible word.

In our Vernacular,

Straight means;
Cool/Fine/Alright

&

Gay is said either;
Batty Bwoy(Jamaican influence),
Back Up,
Fish
,or indeed Crooked

Sometimes Limp Wristed as well...

Straight people here don't have to say they're straight, which is why there isn't a word here for it really, but there are obviously a lot of words, usually derogatory, for Gay, ironically I think.

So sentence would go;

"I'm Straight bie"

meaning "I'm fine/alright"

but generally if a person has to say they are Hetero, they would just say that they are, the word Straight here doesn't really mean Hetero, nor does it in the Caribbean(we share a very similar culture as I have said before so...) really either.

but for gay, there's a lot;

"Look de Fish dat" - "Look at that Faggot"

"See de Batty Bwoy?" - See that Gay Guy?

"His a Back Up!" - He's gay!

"Ya crooked enuh?" - You gay aren't you?

So I suppose we do say Crooked already lol, but Straight doesn't mean Hetero.

And to say Bent here is another way to say fuck off. "Get Bent", which I think is an American term...

Also I forgot! Those previous ones for Gay apply to males mostly, except for crooked, however Lesbians have a few, but they aren't as harsh;

"Shes a Bulldager Enuh?" - She's a Lesbian right?

"Shes a Mollie/Mollie Muncher/Muncher" - same as above basically.

Ironically, "Man-Eater" doesn't mean the same as I think it does in America, where it means a Woman who fucks men and moves on or whatever, it means a Woman who despises men, however this is usually the most rude & under used way to insult a Lesbian...

We oddly enough focus a lot on Homosexuality in this culture lol. I find it funny actually...

Sheep