Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there was...
A few nights back I had a weird dream and for some reason found myself asking myself this question:

If there was solid evidence of the existence of God and that the bible was all fact, would you try and "Change your homosexual ways" to heterosexual or would you rather spend eternity being tortured in Hell?

No...

But maybe that's because I can't imagine that happening.
I'm sure that I'd still rest on the belief that, if God did make us, he obviously made us gay. So I'd just carry on as I'd been going...

Quote: ...solid evidence of the existence of God ...
That looks like two ideas sitting very uncomfortably in the same phrase!

Weird dreams indeed Wink

Honestly?I think I'd attempt to explore my heterosexual side in even greater depth.

Dan1089 Wrote:Honestly?I think I'd attempt to explore my heterosexual side in even greater depth.

... and be a moody pregnant Dan??? Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:... and be a moody pregnant Dan??? Wink

Stop it PA. That is truly a scary thought :tongue:

I have one friend who is really struggling with his homosexuality and his christianity.

The last time we spoke he was going on about when the signs started he was gonna jump on the hetero bandwagon. I guess in his bible this is acceptable... something about all sinners given a second chance to get into heaven.

Man, I bet heaven is gonna be a boring place (unless Dan changes a lot and he eventually gets up there).

Good luck with that Dan :tongue:

That's probably quite a hard question to answer because I don't believe in the existance of a God nor do I have any interest in religion.

I would assume I would still lead my homo life, but probably wouldn't be out yet so things would still be very discreet.

That is a very good question ...

... I have mulled over it, and decided as follows ...

1) I do believe in God already, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine the scenario you've proposed;
2) I believe that there are aspects of my character which I didn't choose, but which were chosen for me - in a sense I perceive myself as having been made the way I am, and so being homosexual isn't a choice I believe I have the right to make - it is simply what I am;
3) I believe God is a forgiving entity, and a patient one, and so I cannot readily accept that he would damn me, or any other homosexual, simply for doing what we were made to do.

... so no, I wouldn't look to change my ways - I believe I am this way for a reason, and trying to force myself into becoming something I'm just not, in order to avoid the wrath of an entity that had a hand in creating me would be, to my mind, cowardice.

I am, what I am.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. I wouldn't look down my nose at anybody that did want to change - that's just my personal take on it from looking at myself.

fjp999 Wrote:Stop it PA. That is truly a scary thought :tongue:

*chuckles continuously at reading Frank's posts* :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: