Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose one language to speak fluently...
Insertnamehere Wrote:[MENTION=15656]Sylph[/MENTION] when you can pull off a sucessful rolling R (or a regular R for that matter), then you can nag me about what sounds I find hard.

I'll nag you just to nag you, till the end of time looool. We've been at this for 4 years bitch, just accept the nag! Sheep

And I can do a rolling R, just not your Spanish one. Tho I can improvise quite well if I do say so myself;

But when you can roll your double L's (ll) in portmanteaus like "Chingamallish" and single L in words like "Should", then let me know whose "Roll" is harder lol.

Ya nuh war wit me hunny, cah ya know I de don duhdda LOL!!!!!

Ibex Wrote:Japanese
Sign language

日本語はかんたんですよ

I would recommended you and to all others who want to learn Japanese seriously, to try out a series of text and work books called "Genki"

I started learning when I was 13-14, (I literally have an old ass text book from my first year of highschool that all my Japanese was written into, for which I got into so trouble for as it was meant to be my Music book.)

But got more serious when I got my Genki books a couple years back.

Tho my experiences in Hospitality also helped me with conversations with Japanese guests.

So learning the language for me, is both a weird part of my adolescent life somehow, way over in the Caribbean Atlantic region, and a fun part of my job in dealing with guests.

Having a reason for a language, definitely helps to retain it.

Sylph Wrote:I'll nag you just to nag you, till the end of time looool. We've been at this for 4 years bitch, just accept the nag! Sheep

And I can do a rolling R, just not your Spanish one. Tho I can improvise quite well if I do say so myself;

But when you can roll your double L's (ll) in portmanteaus like "Chingamallish" and single L in words like "Should", then let me know whose "Roll" is harder lol.

Ya nuh war wit me hunny, cah ya know I de don duhdda LOL!!!!!

Sometimes I love you, but sometimes you just a dumb hoe and I don't love you. It seems as if I have to teach a class to a five year old.

My point being, you blissfully ignorant bitch, that you can go and talk all the shit you want about how Portuguese phonetics are not hard, because YOU HAVE BEEN HEARING THEM AND REPRODUCING THEM YOUR WHOLE LIFE. I haven't, hence they don't come down to me easily.

In the same fashion, I take the example of the Spanish rolling R because that is one the hardest sounds Germanic-speaking folks seem to have in reproducing. Hell, my organic chemistry professor, a native German, has been living here for a decade and he just can't do it. Whether it's actually difficult or easy doesn't depend on the sound itself, but on how long you have been hearing it.

You can't do a proper R yet, although I'll grant you A for efforts, you are quite close. Quite in fact you have more problems with the Spanish soft Rs, which is weird...but whatever, the point is, bitch, that our own respective native phonetics always seem super easy because they're our own. We heard them before we were even conscious about the "self", before we even had memory and before long we learned them by repetition. A foreigner who has never been accustomed to hearing them is bound to have a hard time reproducing them without some serious training.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Sometimes I love you, but sometimes you just a dumb hoe and I don't love you. It seems as if I have to teach a class to a five year old.

My point being, you blissfully ignorant bitch, that you can go and talk all the shit you want about how Portuguese phonetics are not hard, because YOU HAVE BEEN HEARING THEM AND REPRODUCING THEM YOUR WHOLE LIFE. I haven't, hence they don't come down to me easily.

In the same fashion, I take the example of the Spanish rolling R because that is one the hardest sounds Germanic-speaking folks seem to have in reproducing. Hell, my organic chemistry professor, a native German, has been living here for a decade and he just can't do it. Whether it's actually difficult or easy doesn't depend on the sound itself, but on how long you have been hearing it.

You can't do a proper R yet, although I'll grant you A for efforts, you are quite close. Quite in fact you have more problems with the Spanish soft Rs, which is weird...but whatever, the point is, bitch, that our own respective native phonetics always seem super easy because they're our own. We heard them before we were even conscious about the "self", before we even had memory and before long we learned them by repetition. A foreigner who has never been accustomed to hearing them is bound to have a hard time reproducing them without some serious training.

I love you too hoe.

I already know all this, geezzzz, way to go granpa, ya dun suck the joviality out of this tirade with your already preestablished lesson on Native Vs. non Native phonetics bitch.

Perhaps I need to nag you more... Ya know, to register them foreign phonetics in that Cerebro of yours!

Tho I do honestly appreciate the positive criticism on my R in Spanish, I'm actually working on that Bitch girl lol.

Sylph Wrote:I love you too hoe.

I already know all this, geezzzz, way to go granpa, ya dun suck the joviality out of this tirade with your already preestablished lesson on Native Vs. non Native phonetics bitch.

Perhaps I need to nag you more... Ya know, to register them foreign phonetics in that Cerebro of yours!

Tho I do honestly appreciate the positive criticism on my R in Spanish, I'm actually working on that Bitch girl lol.

Yeah I've always found weird how you have more problems with the easier R.

No offense, hoe, but Xica da Silva and Ó negocio are better teachers than you in that respect :p

Bitch, no, what you need to do is fucking cut it out with tagging me in your convos with other people. *Does a dramatic exit*
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Yeah I've always found weird how you have more problems with the easier R.

No offense, hoe, but Xica da Silva and Ó negocio are better teachers than you in that respect :p

Bitch, no, what you need to do is fucking cut it out with tagging me in your convos with other people. *Does a dramatic exit*

Probably because we don't even say the proper English R lol. Well, at least not when it supposed to say its "name" ; BetteR, JaR, MaRk, etc. Its all "ah" or even a fucking U in some cases like "MaUk [Sounds like "Ma-wuk"]" if we're whining or being sarcastic lol.

And your soft R sound, is akin to the sound we make when we join consonants to each other, to "gloss" over them. (We fucking hate consonants I swear lol)

"Duhdda" being a prime example, which is a broken version of an already Creolized word "Doppa" (King/Boss/Manly), is pronounced "Duh-Dah" instead of "Dop-pah", to make it "Cute" and the emphasis switches from "DOP-pah" to "duh-DAH".

So now it means something like "Sir/Mate/ Cariño(pa' hombres) en espanol"

E vou a fazer qualquer coisa que eu quero. Sou não um maestro, e você vai ser um estudante quem é tão mau. Shakin , so whatever bitch Fish2