Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could date more than one person?
If you could would you be in a relationship with more than one person? Do you think that the love between you and your partners would be equal? what would happen if one of your partners cheated on you?

Good question. I am in a relationship but we have not set the parameters on whether we are in an open relationship or not. We are only in the fourth month and while it's going well my assumption is that it is still open as we have not said anything that would mean that we are exclusively seeing each other. There are other guys that i would say I loved and enjoy being with them but I know that I could never love them equally as I tend to fixate my emotions just one guy at a time. So while I have guys I just have sex with and have some feeling for them for me it is one at a time, For example I have had a fuck buddy for a couple of years who I really like but due to circumstances I only see him once every couple of months. It just so happens the new boyfriend is out of town this weekend and my fuck buddy contacts me wanting to meet today. I have been wrestling with whether I should check with the BF if he also considers that ours is an open relationship but i didn't manage to have it...I choose not to see my fuck buddy today as I know I was not able to give him my full attention as I want my man back tomorrow. I guess we are all different.

Ok I'll be the first to post on my own thread (YAAAAAAAAAAAY)
Probably not. But I've never been in a situation that could share love with even one person so I don't think I could love more than one person at a time (in that way)

relationship hell no, I'm definately monogamous, emotionally i think its important to focus only on one person.

sleeping with other people on the other hand i have no problem with as long as communication is open and honest.

I could POSSIBLY do a sort of monogmus manage a trios arangment type thing.

All three partners are eaquel and each of them loves both of the other two.

That said I'm realistic and I knnow this would never work in real life.

o.O hell no. I am inherently jealous and could never deal with dating more than one person, or having my partner date more than one. It would never, ever work. Which is fine. I'm all about monogamy.

I don't think I'll ever find myself in a situation where that would work, but if I ever did then sure. I do believe that three people can fall in love with each other and I think it's disrespectful to proclaim that their love is somehow less sincere or pure because it's not the traditional form between two people. Granted, there are many issues that can arise, but of course it can work during the right circumstances - even if some people can't imagine it.

I know of a very successful lesbian triad. They have been together for at least 20 years and recently moved across country together. Two of them live in the same house while the third keeps her own apartment, but they are all monogamous within their relationship.

It would not work for me. I am just not built that way.

REALLY interesting question...

It would depend on the arrangement, but I don't really know. Could be fun, only then you have to trust TWO people to be true, and that sounds risky, as if one wasn't enough.

Do identical twin cowboys count????

**drool**