Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images from Hubble
Beautiful images here from the Hubble Space Telescope.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/0...f8216613=1
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Wow, it looks so beautiful that I would have thought it to have been fake lol.

Is it a real telescop image ? yeah it looks photoshoped, amazing.

Wow, so beautiful, all these images. Thank you for posting
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

These are beautiful. I love looking at pictures like that because no matter what kind of problems are in your life, you realize you are as significant as dust in the grand scheme of things. Just seeing far off places that nobody can ever traverse is humbling.

doesn't look photoshopped to me. it's space telescope, technically. and they've upgraded their cameras and sensors in recent years, so we have much better resolution now than we used to.

kind of like comparing first camera phone quality to what you find on average phone today.

Albie Wrote:you realize you are as significant as dust in the grand scheme of things.

doesn't happen to me. i never felt like that. the universe is beautiful and amazing, but that's it.

Frank Ramsey Wrote:Where I seem to differ from my friends is in attaching little importance to physical size. I don't feel in the least humble before the vastness of the heavens. The starts may be large, but they cannot think or love; and these are qualities which impress me far more than size does. I take no credit for weighing nearly seventeen stone. My picture of the world is drawn in perspective, and not like a model to scale. The foreground is occupied by human beings and the stars are all as small as threepenny bits.

^this is true. a brilliant quote and correct insight. without humans there wouldn't even be any ''grand scheme of things''. just empty space that does nothing, knows nothing, ergo, is nothing.

Wow! that would be impressive, If there were any photos of any hot alien babes or men, come on NASA! get to discovering new, sexy alien life already!:biggrin:

Beautiful images! The Horsehead Nebula is particularly awesome!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>