Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigrants tested with gay kiss
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/lover.jpg[/img2]
Muslim groups are criticising the Netherlands over the use of films featuring two men kissing to test asylum seeker’s liberal attitudes as a basis for entry into the country.

Applicants’ reactions will be tested to see if they can accept the language and culture of Holland.

Leaders from the Muslim community in Holland say the film is offensive, "It really is a provocation aimed to limit immigration. It has nothing to do with the rights of homosexuals."

"Even Dutch people don't want to see that," Abdou Menebhi told the Times.

He said: "They are trying to find every pretext to show that people should not come to the Netherlands because they are fundamentalist or not emancipated. They confront people with these things and then judge them afterwards."

Famile Arslan, 34, an immigration lawyer of Turkish origin, said: "I have lived here for 30 years and have never been witness to two men kissing in the park. So why are they confronting people with that?"

The test marks a crackdown on immigration for the country usually known for its liberal views.

The Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, believes the tests will provide an objective assessment of the suitability of applicants by examining how prepared they are to make the transition to Dutch life.

However critics feel that even Dutch people wouldn’t know the answers to some of the questions on the test such as "which former Dutch colony a particular spice came from?"

Jeroen Dijsselbloem, from the parliament's immigration committee, said the film had been created to help prepare people for "open minded" attitudes on issues such as homosexuality, "We have lots of homo discrimination, especially by Muslim youngsters who harass gay men and women on the streets. It is an issue here."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I had never heard of this movie! Where did you find this news item, Andy? The intolerant Muslim ideology of immigrants is indeed a problem here so such a test is not a bad idea.

Holland is much harder on immigration than the UK, I read. What kind of exams do immigrants to Britain have to make?

I heard of this before.. Its what they show the people when they come into the country. Its a country that has no problem with gays and they want to make sure that they dont let "haters" in.. KI saw the "gay" part of the mvoie on German tv. (If we are talking about the same one.) It shows gay couples kissing, and having a picnic, and hanging around holding hands. Really cute.

norbert Wrote:I had never heard of this movie! Where did you find this news item, Andy? The intolerant Muslim ideology of immigrants is indeed a problem here so such a test is not a bad idea.

Holland is much harder on immigration than the UK, I read. What kind of exams do immigrants to Britain have to make?

I would agree with Holland's stance too... anything to keep out immigrants is good in my books. Sorry, but with the problem the UK has with immigration, that's a view a lot of Britons are tending to take (there's a lot of sympathisers too, just making sure I'm not sounding like I'm speaking for all Brits on the matter!).

The UK seems to let anyone and everyone in. There IS a system, but it's very flawed and a lot of asylum seekers / immigrants who have had access denied will just disappear from the radar remaining in the UK. They also seem to get everything handed to them on a plate whereas people born and brought up in Britain have to fight for every last penny.

I know that view is somewhat exaggerated, but that's the feeling I get based on what I see around me. Living near Heathrow airport... they tend to gather in their masses! Too many millions of pounds are wasted on these people instead of sending em back on the next plane home.

It's a shame, because the genuine people coming through who are prepared to come here and earn an honest living are tarred with the same brush.

Its the same way in Germany. They come into Germany, and get everything pushed up their a**, and the Germans are being screwed... Its really sad.. They showed on tv a few weeks ago that more people are going to the UK now because germany isnt that friendly towards them, and they are "respected" in the UK... Is the UK in the EU?? If your not then good on you all!!! Some dumb butt laws they come out with... (grass cant be higher than this, a cucumber has to meet these standards... HAHAHAHA) crazyness.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I would agree with Holland's stance too... anything to keep out immigrants is good in my books. Sorry, but with the problem the UK has with immigration, that's a view a lot of Britons are tending to take (there's a lot of sympathisers too, just making sure I'm not sounding like I'm speaking for all Brits on the matter!).

The UK seems to let anyone and everyone in. There IS a system, but it's very flawed and a lot of asylum seekers / immigrants who have had access denied will just disappear from the radar remaining in the UK. They also seem to get everything handed to them on a plate whereas people born and brought up in Britain have to fight for every last penny.

I know that view is somewhat exaggerated, but that's the feeling I get based on what I see around me. Living near Heathrow airport... they tend to gather in their masses! Too many millions of pounds are wasted on these people instead of sending em back on the next plane home.

It's a shame, because the genuine people coming through who are prepared to come here and earn an honest living are tarred with the same brush.
I agre with you huni. I dreamt I read this headline the other night:
From Rueters news agency.
The London Daily Telegraph reports today that after a lengthy review the UK government has published proposals to reform the UK's immigration policy. Under the new system no-one from non EU eastern european countries will be allowed in, it being felt that the UK has enough Plumbers, electricians, drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes, beggers and thieves of the home grown variety.

Also in the future, no-one with a big, black beard will be allowed in, ( except indian people who are nice and have decent ethical standards )
Lastly it is proposed that people who are obviously diametrically opposed to our civilized way of life and dislike the idea of free speech, mini-skirts etc., and who think that women are the instruments of satan, shall be loaded on to a plane forthwith ( handcuffed of course) and sent back to whatever god-forsaken hell-hole they came from. "Let them see how long they last there when they exercise free speech" said a government spokesperson.