Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immorality in religion
@Arkansota This is funny,cause the last time you started a thread about religion,you left it to others to debate and it went on and on as any other viral thread. Huh.

mamza Wrote:@Arkansota This is funny,cause the last time you started a thread about religion,you left it to others to debate and it went on and on as any other viral thread. Huh.

Well, I want this forum to be intellectually stimulating so I like to start discussions. Then I lose interest in the discussion and move on, while others continue to use the threat that I have created. What's wrong with that?

I like that in the first three or four posts of this thread people were acting like Arkansota just pulled the pin from a grenade in his hand.

Well more or less everything in the old testament as well as large chunks of the new testament are morally depraved. What bothers me most is probably the concept of original sin - it's almost offensively stupid and immoral and yet it plays a huge part in Christianity since Jesus had to die in order to end the perpetual occurrence of being born into a state of sin by default.

I'm less confident about other religions but I'm sure there are many examples of moral depravity here and there. I remember reading about a Buddhist doctrine stating that women are fundamentally inferior creatures when compared to men. Because of this they can never reach enlightenment without having been reborn as men at some point. I can't find any source for this though. I think it was one of women's "five disadvantages" - maybe someone can deny/confirm this?

Arkansota Wrote:Well, I want this forum to be intellectually stimulating so I like to start discussions. Then I lose interest in the discussion and move on, while others continue to use the threat that I have created. What's wrong with that?

Msn-slapping
What's wrong with that is, is that you are purposefully invigorating people to ultimately lead them to an open ended conclusion, which is usually a huge disagreement.

Manipulation is not a pretty colour and it's shade is a dark hue on you hunni. I've seen the pattern and do not quite appreciate the resonance it sends back to me.

However vulgar and jovial my character, I am a terribly good judge of people and I know how you are. Apathetic, Narcissistic, Naive, and lately inept in your pursuit of "Intellectual Stimulation".

You're stimulating alright, however it's not of the intellectual kind.

I suggest instead of inflaming issues that are already blazing, that you divert this "Stimulative" Behavior in another direction, such as actually talking with people and less trying to "leave us with a thread".

Oh don't worry hun, if it's Intellectual Stimulation you'd like, I can willfully give it to you Wink .

Miles Wrote:Now look who thinks they have a monopoly on tits. >:c

I'll calm my own tits thank you very much!!!

Oh wait that was what you wanted, wasn't it? Well nuts.

You and your Nuts...gosh MiMi, stop talking about them for ONE second! Msn-slapping lol
We know they're HUUUUUUUUGE, but gosh Wink

And I taught my Baby Lilly well Wink . Him and Sebby both...my darlings :p

They do gotsa monopoly ova dem Tits, cause Mama Odi showed'em how Wink. They just don't have monopoly of mine or Meggy's :p

Perhaps these should somehow be added to the gifs and smiley for this site?

:tongue:

Arkansota Wrote:i dont care. religious people dont have the right to silence critics.

Critics don't have the right to silence religious people

Pengy
QUACK!

Joshular Wrote:Critics don't have the right to silence religious people

Pengy
QUACK!

I picture you as that penguin in your signature saying what's in your post and doing that dance immediately afterwards.

I am happy with this image.

Also the Joshular would like people to keep open minds as we are queer how can we be accepted if we haven't got open minds ourselves?
I would like people to stop hating on religion PLZ
Cos all it will do is tear people away. I use to love this forum and came here even while I was at school. Talks about religion here use to be discussions not arguments. As this is a discussion forum I'd like to ask people to discuss. I'm finding people just keep baiting others into arguments intentionally. Some maybe not. Also if people could reframe from insults that would make me happy.

They Joshular