Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Shock
Thanks, East. I just needed to listen. That's all. Take care, and all will be well.

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks, East. I just needed to listen. That's all. Take care, and all will be well.

Love2Remybussi

Well you are dying around age 57. This whole 'saying goodbye' to the past is your burying the old you.

This Facebook connection with the past, realizing all of this stuff, then making a choice to let it go is the process of letting go of the past, of moving on - for you.

We all die each night and wake up a new person - each day kills the person we were the day before and makes us a new person. Usually its a small death, just some minor little change - then other times we go through these major shifts of perspective and understanding. I think you are having one of these latter experiences.

You'll be fine.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well you are dying around age 57. This whole 'saying goodbye' to the past is your burying the old you.

This Facebook connection with the past, realizing all of this stuff, then making a choice to let it go is the process of letting go of the past, of moving on - for you.

We all die each night and wake up a new person - each day kills the person we were the day before and makes us a new person. Usually its a small death, just some minor little change - then other times we go through these major shifts of perspective and understanding. I think you are having one of these latter experiences.

You'll be fine.

Thank you David ((()))...I like your interpretation and I have been hoping this is the case. Given my experience I described above and so many more that I didn't...I know "death" can mean a lot of things...

I got sidetracked though I see now....so let me ask...do you think it is weird to want to just let go of the past and the people in it IF you actually liked and even loved some of them..and still do? It isn't as if I am mad at any of them or want nothing to do with them...I only have kind and happy thoughts for the most part....but when so many people want to always "connect"...I feel like there might be something wrong with me for not wanting to...and feeling like I want to say "goodbye" instead...silently....

One thing it might be...the shock of seeing them so old...they are 20-30 years younger in my memory. I remember one very good friend I had who was a very vain person ...when he was dying...he didn't want anyone to see him. He wanted to be remembered how he was before he got sick..and he locked himself away.....

I totally got it and I knew this was actually his real wish based on who he was...and to this day..I remember him as he was....and that was exactly what he wanted. As is often the case...no one else agreed with me and thought it was awful to abandon him...I thought they were awful to push their own shit on him and not pay any attention to his wishes....like did they even ever know him?...or pay any attention to who he was?

...and so maybe I have an idea about all these people from the past...a visual memory...and I want to keep it like it is?

The people I have grown old with that I have been around all along...no problem...

God...I am so weird sometimes Peepwall

It could also be, my friend, that you are just trying to say goodbye to the old memory of them 20-30 years younger.... Just putting this out of your mind to embrace the new THEM, just as you embraced the NEW YEW, but you had time to deal with all the ramifications of the new you/yew on a daily basis...

Nothing weird about not wanting to keep the memory of those we loved when they were sick. I never quite understood why my mother kept that photo of my brother covered with KS and looking so gaunt and fragile and pale. My father gave us all a photo of him looking healthy. And I've kept that one on my shelf. No need to keep the photos of the dying, when we can keep a photo of them enjoying life in full health. The rest, to me is very off-putting. Not that I don't respect death and dying and disease, but I think the dying might prefer us to remember them at their best. The rest for me, is unhealthy and unhelpful. I was not able to see my brother once dead. I just didn't want that to be my last memory of him.

princealbertofb Wrote:Nothing weird about not wanting to keep the memory of those we loved when they were sick. I never quite understood why my mother kept that photo of my brother covered with KS and looking so gaunt and fragile and pale. My father gave us all a photo of him looking healthy. And I've kept that one on my shelf. No need to keep the photos of the dying, when we can keep a photo of them enjoying life in full health. The rest, to me is very off-putting. Not that I don't respect death and dying and disease, but I think the dying might prefer us to remember them at their best. The rest for me, is unhealthy and unhelpful. I was not able to see my brother once dead. I just didn't want that to be my last memory of him.

YES! EXACTLY...

My friend had Karposis and I knew that was his worst fear...not dying...but destroying his appearance. He was vain...but he was so much more than that as well...and he simply wanted to be remembered as he was..young...and beautiful. I actually DID think he was beautiful.,..but not for the same reason he did (shhhh!)...he was never as shallow as he tried to be....

So you think his shallowness was all a fake cover-up?

princealbertofb Wrote:So you think his shallowness was all a fake cover-up?

Yeah...he was very sensitive and vulnerable and that (vanity) is how he tried to disguise it. Masks can sometimes be useful....

I've been to the Venice carnival often enough to know that's true, sweetie pie... (you don't mind that I call you sweetie pie? Rolleyes)