Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of advice and support
Hey there,

I'm new to this forum, I joined just now.

I need some advice, which is the reason why I signed up. I came out in the middle half of 2007 and it wasn't easy but since then I haven't had any flak from anyone for it.

Anyway, I shall cut to the chase and tell you what my situation is. I've got a MASSIVE crush on someone who I work with called Steven. He is 22 and I am 19, and he is very lovely. I am not totally sure as to where he stands with his sexuality, but there is evidence to suggest that he's gay. I work in like a workshop environment for people with difficulties and they go and do filing, printing, collating to keep occupied (I enjoy it there, but I work in the office, still I do do some workshop stuff).

We have coffee break from 10:30am til 11am and you can go into the canteen or mill around the work area. I do both, and bump into Steven quite frequently in both places. However, in the very recent past I have noticed him staring into my direction and I have seen him looking at me, several times now and a few times in a day, breaktime or not. The way he talks, walks and does things also suggests things. Now, I'm not stereotyping but he does walk quite differently to how you see other guys. He also sounds rather camp too (but sweet). He's lovely to a lot of people. As a team, the service users work voluntarily but get a lot back in return and so we go on trips once per month of our choosing. About twice now he has made his way to sit with me on the bus and will take any opportunity to talk to me even if it's just small talk.

I've had these feelings for about 4-5 weeks now and they're getting greater, yet I still don't know of his sexuality properly. Last week I plucked up the courage to swap phone numbers with him (I usually clam up when I'm near him) :redface:

And I've managed to call him and invite him to my house (this weekend just gone) and he was very keen and wanted to do it, but would check to see what he was doing). Lo and behold he did get back to me and told me he didn't have any money. So a couple of days later I was leaving the cinema and I texted him to see if he wanted to come see a film with me and he replied a bit later and said 'Yea to see what?' At least it was a definite yes. I don't know how to regard the whole situation and feel really stupid sometimes. :frown: I managed to tell him I was gay but I did it in a way I regret; over a text message. :redface: Rolleyes

I keep getting funny feelings like I'm being completely consumed and it reduces my appetite and I feel like this right now and it makes me feel all kinds of things, but most of all, tired.

Anyone got any advice please? Sorry it was such a long thread.

Joe

Hello Joe and welcome to gayspeak.

I think you did all the right moves so far so it's good. You showed your interest in him and he can take it now any way he wishes- as a friendly interest or more. You invited him to your house, to the movies that's all good. I will just say keep doing this ,spend more time with him get to know him and see what way it goes.

He knows you are gay, never mind the way you told him at least you did, so this is an information he can process himself and hopefully if it turns out he is into guys your relationship with him could grow to something more. Since you told him about it i assume he could now talk about his sexuality or you can take the conversation there when the time is right and you know him well enough to ask. If he is not into guys then you i d suggest to forget about it, you gained a friend but find someone else to be happy with.

It is normal to have crushes on someone however just take it easy be relaxed without too many thoughts about how it is going to be ect which only going to make you anxious. Go out enjoy and if there is a chemistry between you two then fantastic! :biggrin:

what you're feeling now is what this song is all about (as mentioned in some previous thread).

relax, don't worry, and things will work out sooner or later. we all feel this way at some point or another. hope things turn out the way you hope them to!

if not, at least you know you've been sincere and true in the way ou expressed your interest. Confusedmile:

Thanks for the replys guys. I really appreciate it. I should just add that I made an error in the other post and that was: When i was outside the cinema, I was coming back from seeing another movie with my parents and me and Steven did not actually go to the cinema yet, but since I made that posting he has rang me and I'm going to arrange seeing him this Sunday. I'll see him tomorrow at work. Wish me luck!:redface:

Good luck then... or, as my new Greek lessons have taught me (I think)
kallh tixh! Confusedmile: Wink

Mm good luck with whatever happens.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]