Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the middle of Chaos
A night out with my friends to a local Café seemed fitting now that I finished my stressful time of final exams. After a couple of hours, I walked out of there with the scent of cigarettes mixed hookah clinging on to me making it impossible to notice the smell of cologne that I had put on earlier. I walked down the street to take a cap and head home though the scene of tires on fire lying on the street and a crowd of people standing in front of the interior ministry building caught my attention. Curiosity urged me to check it out. I when I got there I saw a man saying things over and over on a white mini speaker about asking for the Jordanian man who the ISIS took hostage to be released and blaming the government for not doing a damn thing about it (Even though the government was doing everything in its power). I was standing right in the middle of the crowd and out of the blue I heard the guns being loaded and people started running, adrenaline kicked in and I started running as fast as I could with them. The crowd started shoving each other while they were trying to escape, gunshots and sirens broke out behind me while I was running as fast as I could. All I kept thinking of was that I needed to get the hell out of there before I get shot. The image of getting shot in the leg kept repeating in my head, the world was moving slowly, a roller coaster of thoughts was surging though my head. There was no time to stop, turn my head or look back. Just running away as fast as I could. I ran off behind a dude saying “Over here, over here”. Took a turn to the left to get away from the main street and noticed a couple of guys running behind me. I followed the dude where he was standing at a set of stairs at the end of the street that lead down to another empty street. The stairs were dark, and darkness gave me safety… For now. We were all panting trying to catch our breaths; my heart was punching through my chest from both running and fear of being caught. I was super confused and distraught. We remained there for some time then walked back the way where we came from and that was where I got separated from them since they were heading back to the main street (Stupid). Trying to make my way through dark alleys and hidden streets, I managed to get to a friend’s shop, We were locked in there for half an hour hiding from the haze of tear bombs that intruded the streets and filled everywhere with smoke. When things seemed safe, he closed his shop and we ran to his car then he gave me a ride home.

Things like this made me appreciate the fact that I am alive, I was sitting with my family and I kept thinking… We are safe, we are safe. I was sleeping in my own bed last night… My own bed… in my own home. I am always happy and grateful for my life but I never realized its value until what happened last night. I just hope things will ease quickly and all of that crab will end soon.

Note: Just so you know, such events happen almost once in like a really long time, like once in years… It was the first and most chaotic night of my life. Glad I got off safe.

Please, please, verysimple, Cologne is what you were wearing... your colon is the piece of intestine or gut that leads to your rectum and anus.
I am glad that you got home safely and were able to sleep in your own bed. You're right, sometimes we don't measure how lucky we are with our simple things.

princealbertofb Wrote:Please, please, verysimple, Cologne is what you were wearing... your colon is the piece of intestin that leads to your rectum and anus.

haha, rookie mistake!! :p

I tend to forget to add that E to intestine... there isn't one in French.

Glad to here you're safe, I see a lot of videos like that on YouTube it looks intense and very dangerous.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

princealbertofb Wrote:I tend to forget to add that E to intestine... there isn't one in French.

Ha, Tu sais, J'ai besoin de qq1 avec qui je pourrais pratiquer le francais... j'ai peur de le perdre! Sad

What a horrifying thing to have gone through! I'm so glad you're ok! I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to worry about that kind of stuff happening at any given moment.

verysimple Wrote:Ha, Tu sais, J'ai besoin de qq1 avec qui je pourrais pratiquer le francais... j'ai peur de le perdre! Sad
Bon, bon, c'est quand tu veux...

ceez Wrote:Glad to here you're safe, I see a lot of videos like that on YouTube it looks intense and very dangerous.
Thanks man, I watched a couple of awful videos on youtube too.. but you never rlly know what it is like until you are there... Terrible!

J'ai une suggestion à faire: arrête de fumer, tu verras que tu courras plus vite sans perdre haleine.
I have a suggestion to make: give up smoking. You'll see that you can run faster without being out of breath.