Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incense Sticks
Does anyone use incense sticks...if so what scents do you like best? I like frankinscence and mhyrr. Sorry completely unrelated to being gay!

We used to burn a few sticks at home. Can't remember what scents we had, but I used to find them a bit overpowering.

like wouldlikemuscle, I use to burn incense but find essential oils much nicer. You can use a holder with small candle or put it is some warm water.

I especially like citrus for pick me ups or patchouli for relaxing - they used it in the insane asylums.

I was going to but essential oils too! Will try some patchouli! They are a little overpowering.....smell a lot like pure smoke.... Sad

You can also put SOME directly on your body. Some are too strong and can burn... I use patchouli directly on my wrist pulse points and it is really nice.

Patchouli oil? Now there's an aroma to take me back to my teenage yearsRolleyes No self-abusing hippy would be smelled dead without it.

What exactly is it derived from? Right now I like frankincence!

boy_toy_08 Wrote:What exactly is it derived from? Right now I like frankincence!

Patchouli (also patchouly or pachouli) is bushy herb of the mint family, with erect stems, reaching two or three feet (about 0.75 metre) in height and bearing small pale pink-white flowers. The plant is native to tropical regions of Asia and is now extensively cultivated in Caribbean countries, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Philippines, West Africa and Vietnam.
The scent of patchouli is heavy and strong. It has been used for centuries in perfumes and continues to be so today. The word derives from the Tamil patchai பச்சை (green), ellai இலை (leaf).
Pogostemon cablin, P. commosum, P. hortensis, P. heyneasus and P. plectranthoides are all cultivated for their oils and all are known as 'patchouli' oil, but P. cablin is considered superior.

from wiki

frank

Try vanilla, everybody loves vanilla :tongue:

And maybe expensive, quality ones that really smell like vanilla Wink

i only use oils wen the mood is right if u no wot i mean lol

but i do lyk incense sticks coz they make ur house smell nice