Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasingly Cynical?
I'm new... ish.

I don't know what I want though.

This thread made me think of my own cynicism regarding attractive guys, and how whenever I see them now I get angry and think "go somewhere else you pretty piece of poop". I guess I'm not happy with myself.

I think when we've gone through things ourselves and/or been confronted by the same questions from others a number of times, over and over again, we can become a bit....

I don't know if it's cynical or apathetic. But, I do think it's pretty normal.

Usually when I experience this, I step away for a bit. Take a brath of fresh air with a new routine for a few days (or weeks) then come back. For me, this usually helps. Your results may vary.

For me its an Era thing.

Back when I was our age we didn't have the internet to ask questions of we had to figure it out on our won - sink or swim - not 'Google it, or ask some forum'.

While it does annoy me that so many just use us for advice and run away.... I also have that wistful "if I had someone to answer X question for me when I was young and naive how would my life turned out?" thingy going on.

I think that I can recall my own doubts, uncertainties and need for advice is what causes me to suck it up and just throw my 3 cents into the pile.

I thought becoming cynical was just part of growing up...

if its a thread with a very low reply posts then I try to help with sensible advice other wise I get tempted to be blunt which is probably not very polite to a new user,

I would like to know the outcome of some of the advice here i.e did they get the guy ?? but most of the time the poster never comes back with an update - would be nice if they did show an appreciation if we helped

Ehhhh... Well a lot of people have similar problems because we're all people I guess... People may be different in personality, but the problems around us... Might not be... for example: "Why are you so sad?" reply: "My boyfriend told me that he didn't like me and he dumped me and he insulted me!" or: "Someone close to me has died..." or: "I failed at..." And so on. It can even be financially related... or psychologically related. I mean, a lot of people have psyche problems also, trauma maybe? Maybe someone's paranoid or nervous about something.

We all do indeed have similar problems, and I get it that people can get tired of hearing the same advice, but sometimes people just need to vent too. Even be given advice, even if sometimes it is repetitive, maybe to remind them?

However, in the end... The life that the person with the problem has is their own, they can get comfort, support, and love from others, but, how they figure out how to get through their situation is out of anyone's control, which brings me back to different personalities and different people. Now... We are all different, so you make a choice with your tools, yourself, and whatever support you might have, and then the end result is your choice if you get a bad ending or a good ending from it. You just have to figure it out ^^

I'm always here to give advice too, being a newer member myself :3 it really does help someoe maybe even open their eyes to ways to get out of a problem, or make them feel better ^^

it might sound bad but I usually ignore most of those points, I didn't have this site when I was younger and I did pretty good getting over my crushes. I do try to reply to the ones with few replies though, but sometimes I fall for a newbie post in the form of a wall of text and I end up dosing off on my keysssssafffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

turning cynical comes with age!

[Image: man+with+bag+over+head.jpg]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="6"]What a Protest?
We can all bag it![/SIZE][/COLOR]