Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
India’s toilet race failing as villages don’t use them
spilovn Wrote:Its all that spicy stuff they eat, you know what its like but we only eat it once a week, they eat it 24/7, gave up on toilets.

Cute. Smile ... but I think it really has to do with the customs they're used to in their own country where the septic system(s) can't handle all the added material - much like the India people in this thread not able to change their ways.

People are creatures of habit, and once programmed have a hard time changing.

Borg69 Wrote:Cute. Smile ... but I think it really has to do with the customs they're used to in their own country where the septic system(s) can't handle all the added material - much like the India people in this thread not able to change their ways.

People are creatures of habit, and once programmed have a hard time changing.

It goes beyond lack of septic:

Quote:Only dalits, the lowest Hindu caste, should be exposed to excrement in a closed space, “or city-dwellers who don’t have space to go in the open,” said Sunita, who uses one name, as she washed clothes next to the concrete latrine. “Feces don’t belong under the same roof as where we eat and sleep.”

The lack of proper sanitation throughout the world amazes me. I can understand using the outdoors in lightly populated areas but in high density populations it is just asking for trouble.

Borg69 Wrote:Many Mexican immigrants here won't throw TP in the toilet.

That's customary in other countries as well. It's because the sewage pipes just aren't big enough to cope with the paper, so, they throw the paper in a bin provided.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

cunningluvr Wrote:I work with a few Indians and they haven't done anything untoward in the office Smile

Ok, this just made me laugh out loud!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!