Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex Between Men spreading HIV in the Middle East
http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info...ed.1000444

I've just started reading the article, but please follow the link, read, and share your thoughts.

Well who else is going to spread it, considering that heterosexuals face the problem that most women are not able to engage in sex with more than one sexual partner in those countries.

Unprotected sex with multiple partners will spread the disease, nothing surprising about that.

i couldnt read the entire article o_o but why is it always homosexuals are being blame for hiv, iits unfair... not that i have something against heterosexuals...

There seems to have a lot of misconception and lack of knowledge re: modes of contraction of AIDS.

Here's a quote from the article "ome MSM in Sudan reported the belief that limiting activity to an insertive role prevents fully HIV infection, and most MSM believed-as has been found in other settings in Africa and Asia—that the risk of contracting HIV through anal sex is far less than that in vaginal sex"

It's a review paper, no original research involved. It concludes unsurprisingly that the epidemiology of HIV in countries where gay activity is largely underground is difficult to study. Who'd have guessed?

The authors plan further papers to be published in the American Journal of Idle Speculation.