Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infallible (but not very sensible) way to lose weight
My son found a weight loss / muscle gain program called the Renegade Diet which we are doing together. It follows a plan of no breakfast (just water and/or coffee); a small noon meal of veggies, no carbs, maybe a little protein, work out, then eat all you want in the evening (limited to veggies, fruit, protein, few carbs, little fat, and no processed sugar).

The author (an experienced personal trainer) claims that this pattern maximizes fat loss, digestion, and metabolism. I haven't been following it long enough to have an opinion, but I am surprised to say that after the first few days I really don't miss breakfast. I also like only having the coffee pot to clean before leaving the house in the morning. Now if I can limit myself to beer only on the weekends I'll see my abs in no time!

Actually, the best way for your body and metabolism is to do it the opposite way.

Eat in the morning, and have a nice lunch....then just have something to drink and a small nibble in the evening.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Actually, the best way for your body and metabolism is to do it the opposite way.

Eat in the morning, and have a nice lunch....then just have something to drink and a small nibble in the evening.

Exactly....what's logical about not consuming calories in the morning and mid day when you need them and then throw them in in the afternoon when your body doesn't need them?
I agree

Uuuu.... that's a bad advice gurl, people should stop being lazy, yall should work out, eat a healthy breakfast ,maybe beans and juice or somethign in lunch and when in the dinner you can just eat like idk a nice juice, cuz is in the night when your body process mostly the food, skipping breakfast is baaad gurl :c

I feel stupid.

southbiochem Wrote:Exactly....what's logical about not consuming calories in the morning and mid day when you need them and then throw them in in the afternoon when your body doesn't need them?
I agree

Honey, that makes total sense and in theory you're right but the facts tell me the exact opposite: I have never lost so much weight in my life.

I guess nutrition is not quite an exact science. Everyone is different and results vary a lot from person to person.

Geminize Wrote:My son found a weight loss / muscle gain program called the Renegade Diet which we are doing together. It follows a plan of no breakfast (just water and/or coffee); a small noon meal of veggies, no carbs, maybe a little protein, work out, then eat all you want in the evening (limited to veggies, fruit, protein, few carbs, little fat, and no processed sugar).

The author (an experienced personal trainer) claims that this pattern maximizes fat loss, digestion, and metabolism. I haven't been following it long enough to have an opinion, but I am surprised to say that after the first few days I really don't miss breakfast. I also like only having the coffee pot to clean before leaving the house in the morning. Now if I can limit myself to beer only on the weekends I'll see my abs in no time!

Interesting.

Maybe in the morning, after a whole night sleep, your body is more susceptible to fat intake, so you should start the day slowly instead of the traditional full english breakfast.

Jesus Christ, I just woke up today and I'm weighing 72.8 kgs this morning!!

Lilitu Wrote:How did you feel?

Thanks for asking, Baby.

At first, it was a bit difficult to adapt but now that I'm seeing these results, there is no way I'm going to stop.

This was not a planned thing, I found out by accident. In fact, I always believed in the big breakfast - small dinner theory.

MisterLove Wrote:Honey, that makes total sense and in theory you're right but the facts tell me the exact opposite: I have never lost so much weight in my life.

I guess nutrition is not quite an exact science. Everyone is different and results vary a lot from person to person.

Most likely you have a different metabolic rate...

I for one am forced to not have breakfast because of work but its been completely detrimental to me...I sometimes even have to skip lunch because I don't have the time, so when I get home I just...well, you can imagine, so yes, in my case I will gain weight.

If its working for you, and you are still getting proper nutrients throughout the day...then congrats!

Small regular meals for me. Breakfast, lunch at midday, fruit at 16.00, sandwich at 19.00, snack a bit later. Plenty of exercise, mental and physical. Keep busy and you won't have time to think about food.

Mind you, I have a fast metabolism and have never had a weight problem.