Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for Type 2 diabetics
These last few months I have been battling to keep my glucose level down, practically starving myself eating almost no carbohydrates. Unfortunately I have lost weight and and now down to a rather pitiful 67 kilos that, for my height; 182 cms., is a bit stupid.

The other week I watched Jamie Oliver, a British TV chef, in a programme called "Super Foods" In one episode he visits Okinawa, 100 klms off the Coast of Japan, an island that has the highest percentage of centenarians in the world. Due to the climate they don't grow rice on the island but their staple vegetable is of sweet potatoes including some spectacularly purple ones. Unlike the potato the sweet potato has a very low carbohydrate content so this would seem to be the reason why I am able to eat them and not have them affect my sugar level because when I took my glucose level this morning it had dropped to 118 from 171 two weeks ago. It's just as well that I like them and they have the added advantage of making one feel satisfied after a meal, they don't leave you feeling hungry.

Hope this is an interesting tip for fellow diabetics.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

And dey GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Good luck battling the glucometer, Londoner and dealing with my bane: exercise.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:And dey GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Good luck battling the glucometer, Londoner and dealing with my bane: exercise.

I exercise a minimum of five days a week, a 5 kilometer run, sometimes a bit more and sometimes more than 5 times a week. To regain the lost weight I should really go back to weights at a gym but that's more difficult.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams