Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert your own corny thread title here
Guys,last night I saw "corned beef" (might have a diff name in your region) on special at the grocery store and being the aspiring recessionista that I am,I got 4 tins.Only problem is I don't know what corned beef is,never heard of it before until yesterday.So right now ,like a virgin locked in a room with nothing but a double sided dildo,I don't know where to start.How do you prepare this thing?I've opened 1 tin so far,tasted the content (its a strangely tantalizing taste) and put it in the fridge.Anybody have tips or fave preparation methods?

cornbeef is very nice.it coued be in a sandwich dan

YUMMY Confusedmile:

[B]Ingredients

[/B]25g Butter
2 Onions, chopped
1 tbsp fresh Thyme, leaves only
1 tsp Marmite
350ml beef stock
150ml Red wine
375g corned beef
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt, and freshly ground pepper

For the topping:

750g Potatoes, peeled
Salt, and freshly ground pepper
Milk, for mashing potatoes
25g Butter
50g Cheddar cheese, grated
25g breadcrumbs
dressed green salad, to serve

[B]Method

[/B]
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.

2. First prepare the potatoes for the filling. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of simmering, salted water. When they are just cooked, remove from the heat and cool in cold water. Drain, dice and leave to one side.

3. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add in the onions and thyme and fry for 3 minutes.

4. Add in the marmite, stock and red wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.

5. Add the corned beef and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.

6. Cook for 5-10 minutes, breaking it up with a fork.

7. Season the diced potatoes and mash them thoroughly with milk and the butter.

8. Place the corned beef mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potatoes.

9. Mix together the grated Cheddar and breadcrumbs.

10. Sprinkle the mixture over the mashed potatoes and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.

11. Serve hot from the oven with a dressed green salad.

Never had corned beef in a can Dan, hehehe

Usually get it as lunch meat and for sandwiches as jo said.

Mom use to make a corn beef roast but it has been ages since then... just heated with mashies and gravy.

Jamies suggestion does sound good.

dan it can be you cook some potatos and friy potatos and corndbeef and onions in a pan!

Thanks for the recommendation Jo,I don't use cooking,I even avoid tie low fat variety so is it possible to use virgin oil instead?

Dan virgin olive oil will work just fine. It is a different taste but I like it a lot. Like Frank said Jamies suggestion does sound good. Luck .

Ermmmm...

Trying to think of something suitably pretentious to say...

Hmmmm....

Nut. Can't think of anything. I'm just going to judge you all silently Laugh1Laugh1

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Nut. Can't think of anything. I'm just going to judge you all silently Laugh1Laugh1

you said "NUT" Rofl

I don't remember ever eating corned beef in any other way than as sandwich meat out of a tin, so ... I guess all of this is news to me... (now that I'm a vegetarian anyway)... never really liked corned beef much (out of a tin)