Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insomnia
For some reason this week I have had extremely little sleep. I work a grave yard shift and I really don't like doing that but it's the best paying work I could find. Alas I get home about 6:30 am and fall asleep and 7:00-7:30. I really like to get eight hours and I have been doing very well at that. But about five days ago after laying down at 7:00 I suddenly awoke at 10 am without being able to go back to sleep I laid in bed for four hours trying to fall back asleep. I had no such luck.

The last time I had such sleeping problems I was in the pits of despair. It took months to pull out of it. I am worried I am getting there again.

Any thoughts?

I suffer from insomnia all the time. It sucks.

Question: Is this graveyard shift a new thing, or something you've been doing for awhile? If it's new, then you just need to get use to the different schedule. If not, then it could be something else.

You mention before when you had sleeping problems you were depressed. Is there something bothering you? If so, you'll need to work on that. If not, you may just be having sleeping issues. For that you can try different things.

Sometimes certain teas can help.. or if you're really desperate for sleep you can always get an over-the-counter sleep aid to get a nights rest. Staying away from the computer at least an hour before trying to sleep can also be helpful. I find that being on a computer too long before bed can cause sleeping issues..

Ugh, what I would give for a normal internal clock. I only sleep during the day, and usually only every other day. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep in the past decade.

Tyrion Wrote:I suffer from insomnia all the time. It sucks.

Question: Is this graveyard shift a new thing, or something you've been doing for awhile? If it's new, then you just need to get use to the different schedule. If not, then it could be something else.

You mention before when you had sleeping problems you were depressed. Is there something bothering you? If so, you'll need to work on that. If not, you may just be having sleeping issues. For that you can try different things.

Sometimes certain teas can help.. or if you're really desperate for sleep you can always get an over-the-counter sleep aid to get a nights rest. Staying away from the computer at least an hour before trying to sleep can also be helpful. I find that being on a computer too long before bed can cause sleeping issues..

I just remember when I was about 23, that was a very turbulent time in my life. There were months that I only got likesix hours of sleep at atime. But I understand and understood then whyI was suffering from insomnia. I was praying every night that I wouldn't be gay.

Now it's a little different, my life is turbulent, I moved back in the house with mom and dad to go to school, I have graduated, now I am looking for work inmy field. I am out to everybody. My mom accepted me, dad is having difficulty. But if there is a psychological problem I can't say what it is. I don't know. Last time I knew exactly why.

I have taken over the counter sleep aids. They don't work.

P.s. I like that you switched back to the color picture, your purple hair is cute.

Gosh Ill swap my sleeping habits with you. I can literally just fall asleep straight away. I could be in mid conversation then BOOM asleep. If I stay awake past midnight I'm shocked! I tend to get at least 8 hours too. It does get annoying constantly falling asleep haha.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Gosh Ill swap my sleeping habits with you. I can literally just fall asleep straight away. I could be in mid conversation then BOOM asleep. If I stay awake past midnight I'm shocked! I tend to get at least 8 hours too. It does get annoying constantly falling asleep haha.

Well believe itor not that is often related to what you eat.

Here's a mental exercise for you:

Lie comfortably on your back with your eyes closed.

In your mind imagine a blackboard. Once again, in your mind, take a piece of chalk and draw a circlen on the blackboard. Now, inside the circle, draw the number 1. Now take an eraser and very carefully, erase the number 1 being very careful not to touch the circle. Take the piece of chalk and inside the circle, draw rthe number 2. Now take the eraser and very carefully erase the number 2 being very careful not to touch the circle.

Continue doing this increasing the number each time. Guaranteed that you won't get very far.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm a night guy, probably because I like quietness, and I absolutely despite waking up before 10 am, my last job made me wake up every day at 6:00 am I ended up quiting it even thought I was very good at it, but there were days I was literally shaking and had sudden speed ups on my heartbeat because of my lack of sleep, seems to me you're a day person, if you can't change your work currently What helped me some was to make sure i did all i had to do before going to sleep, watch a little tv before going to bed when you reach your house or read a book, that would help you unwind from your work-shift, taking a warm bath helps to relax your muscles, and when you reach your bed turn off everything cellphone/pc/laptop/tv everything and hung thick curtains on your room so no light can get through.

Hope it helps.

I've found a natural sleep aid called MidNite that works for me.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LOL it seems a very common problem... I'm able to manage insomnia only when I push myself to have a 'regular life', like when I was working every morning so I had to wake up at a certain time etc.
After that I started being a shift-worker and I restarted with the totally random-sleeping. I spend a big amount of hours in bed, but I sleep only a little.
I don't like using medicines everyday, so...

In the 'good period' I also used to organize what was I eating and drinking in the evening (but also in the second half of the day), I was able to stop overthinking, I used to 'relax my eyes' for at least half an hour before going to bed (this is important for the quality of the sleeping) etc.