Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational Guide . . .
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]I have a football match today, I have been asked to be on the bench, as I was meant to be in the reserves but I'm in the first team now, but might not get much of a game, so I have popped my camera in my bag, I am just hoping the weather stays dry, because we don't have any shelter once on the pitch/sidelines, and I obviously don't wont to wreck my £500 camera :-S Fingers crossed folks Smile

Thank you for the idea of shooting whilst I am on the bench too, this thought never entered my mind until you mentioned it. Thanks Smile[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I look forward to seeing more of you photos

Sun rises and trees have always inspired me.
I have seen the pics you have and you do have a good eye...... Btw I was a Navy photographer for many years.

Thank you! I have added a couple more photos to my album on here. I should have taken more photos but at the time I didn't realize I'd not be going onto the pitch until the last 5 minutes of the game! PLus I was having a couple of issues with the camera.

28th August. Home team: Swindon Spitfires 0 - Cirencester Town 3.

lol well im no photographer- but i am an artist (which people consider the same anyway). well there are many things that inspire me. Perspective is the big one. Achieveing something greater than eye level glimpses. Beneath a subject- high in the sky away from the subject- Up close and personal- so many. so an exaggeratted angle may really open those eyes. There is also color. Subjects when they are new and when they are aged (like a ripe orange and a rotten orange). Also texture thats out of the ordinary should definetely be captured. If your talking about people- i think capturing individual emotion is very important. So is movement and pose. So many things to get those juices pumping. I'm surprised your well has gone dry! perhaps you have just set the basics aside by accident?

now as for a project sheet, you can always do something like taking a picture every day at 3:02pm no matter where you are- give your self a time limit. Like youll have from 3:02pm to 3:07pm to take a picture of something without fail. Dont give yourself second chances and review your photos at the end of the week. and do this schedule for like a month straight. Then look review the months worth of pictures and find the common theme in all of them. Then make sure the next months photos do not have that theme. Lol schedules make progress happen- espescially with some self disapline!

ManicLewis21 Wrote:lol well im no photographer- but i am an artist (which people consider the same anyway). well there are many things that inspire me. Perspective is the big one. Achieveing something greater than eye level glimpses. Beneath a subject- high in the sky away from the subject- Up close and personal- so many. so an exaggeratted angle may really open those eyes. There is also color. Subjects when they are new and when they are aged (like a ripe orange and a rotten orange). Also texture thats out of the ordinary should definetely be captured. If your talking about people- i think capturing individual emotion is very important. So is movement and pose. So many things to get those juices pumping. I'm surprised your well has gone dry! perhaps you have just set the basics aside by accident?

now as for a project sheet, you can always do something like taking a picture every day at 3:02pm no matter where you are- give your self a time limit. Like youll have from 3:02pm to 3:07pm to take a picture of something without fail. Dont give yourself second chances and review your photos at the end of the week. and do this schedule for like a month straight. Then look review the months worth of pictures and find the common theme in all of them. Then make sure the next months photos do not have that theme. Lol schedules make progress happen- espescially with some self disapline!

I think alot of the lack of ideas is my full time job, because I am at work on different shifts most days, days off are never the same. I do like routine, but in my job I dont get that. I like the idea of setting a time to take photos, just because of my job I couldn't be that strict with the time as for break times and stuff I dont get to go when I want all the time because there are 5 other people needing breaks and we arent supposed to go together. But I do like that idea alot, so I am going to think on it, on how to get this achieved. Thanks Smile

ah i know about those very disorganized work schedules. You could just always take a picture within an hour of getting off your shift or an hour prior. something uncertain like that.